Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What could be the problem ?? Started up my Dart an temperature reads normal but has abit of a time going to the middle normal read... I drive it for at least 45 mins an my temperature drops to cold an coolant light comes an dash reads Engine is hot “ so I turn off an shut off car an started it back up.. reads back normal and drives normal .. Next day I changed out the cooling sensor “ but did that again later few days. And yes my engine light is on too

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
What engine, 1.4, 2.0, or 2.4? What codes are you getting? Is the fan turning on?

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
If the dex cool (?) red fluid has been mixed with any other color it'll cause havoc on your system so make sure that has never happened. Pretty sure that's what caused my thermostat to stick wide-open but I don't think a sticky thermostat is your issue here (perhaps it's stuck closed???). When mine went in the wintertime the temperature never reached much over 150 degrees, that'd be a little over the 1/4 line on the temperature gauge. Should be just a hair under the halfway line, no matter the outside temperature. Alpinegreen is right we need more information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts