Dodge Dart Forum banner

921 - 933 of 933 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
my experience so far is overall pretty good, went from a Nissan maxima to a 2015 dart rallye, so took some getting used too. My google pixel phone will sync to the car for music and phone calls but will not show text messages the way my Samsung galaxy did. the aux input went bad in the first week, I know it can be done by Bluetooth but when I have others in the car I don't want to add them to the list so aux input is what I use. the entire radio screen wen blank to include the climate control ...everything... was told it was a conflict with my phone charger being plugged in...... and the rallye decals started peeling the first month I had the car and have yet to be corrected ....almost 1.5 years later. Not a fan of the fix a flat compressor thing, didn't even know it was not an actual spare until I had occasion to look back there. there are many instances especially on the highway when the sealant wont work or the puncture is too large then your left stranded.... found one on ebay for $70 shipped so now just need to get a jack and I'm set. not sure if ill leave the fixaflat and compressor in the trunk area or just sell it.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
my experience so far is overall pretty good, went from a Nissan maxima to a 2015 dart rallye, so took some getting used too. My google pixel phone will sync to the car for music and phone calls but will not show text messages the way my Samsung galaxy did. the aux input went bad in the first week, I know it can be done by Bluetooth but when I have others in the car I don't want to add them to the list so aux input is what I use. the entire radio screen wen blank to include the climate control ...everything... was told it was a conflict with my phone charger being plugged in...... and the rallye decals started peeling the first month I had the car and have yet to be corrected ....almost 1.5 years later. Not a fan of the fix a flat compressor thing, didn't even know it was not an actual spare until I had occasion to look back there. there are many instances especially on the highway when the sealant wont work or the puncture is too large then your left stranded.... found one on ebay for $70 shipped so now just need to get a jack and I'm set. not sure if ill leave the fixaflat and compressor in the trunk area or just sell it.
The compressor is a valuable tool to have in your car. I always use it to adjust my tire pressures throughout the 4 seasons here. It's much easier than trying to find a gas station that doesn't charge $1.25 in coins to use their air compressor. You can also use it to make sure the spare tire is up to proper tire pressure before using it in an emergency situation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2013 with the 1.4 Turbo and 6 spd. manual. It only has 48,300 miles on it so it doesn't have enough miles on it to really rate it. I have had zero issues with the car and I am still running the original tires and spark plugs. No switches or controls have broken. The rain sensor control was fixed under warranty and I almost forgot about it. The heated seats and steering are a plus. I only have two cons and they are fuel mileage( 34-35 mpg) and I would like more power, which would help the fuel mileage and a get an oil burning? smell sometimes when I slow down and make a turn from 60 to 65 mph. When I have to use it, the turbo does produce sufficient power, but then again, I also drive an SRT 4 Neon and an SRT 8 Challenger.
The oil burning smell is the PCV o-ring leaking oil. I repaired mine myself. But should be covered under warranty?.............SRXtreme

now that I read the last few pages I see others have answered the problem too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well................. where do I start now that FCA has pissed me off.

#1 My own fault for not shopping around, being in a rush. Paying about $2000 more than MSRP, because of the Laguna blue paint.
#2 The front and rear bumper covers paint don't match the rest of the car.
#3 The fuel door isn't flush with the body.
#4 The trunk lid body lines and racetrack light does not line up.
#5 PCV leaks oil, repaired myself
#6 rust on RR door jamb, see picture.
#7 engine performance is erratic, really quick one time a dog another. I do have a GFB diviter installed.

On my own onus I should have had most of these issues dealt with by FCA. Now being refused warranty on the rust issue is BS. FCA is going to hate me real soon. I plan to purchase there cheapest car and bring it in for warranty every week. Whether there is a issue or not. I will just bring it in for TSB I find on the net. I will keep and repair my dart myself as overall I love the car.

On a positive note the fuel mileage is amazing on the highway, not so much in town. Boost kills fuel mileage
:D
2013 dart.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
This car is super fun to drive and very affordable, however, they are riddled with electrical problems.

Be ready to turn wrenches on this thing. I have fixed several things on mine and some of them im still working on. My A/C no longer works due to a computer issue, and its super frustrating when you replace one part only to find out that wasn't the issue and you just wasted $200 for nothing.

But, super fun to drive. Its a good car if you dont mind working on it.... A lot.............. My 95 nissan truck with 172,000 miles is far more reliable

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a 2014. I have had it for almost 3 years now I guess. So far so good. Only problems I have had was the LCD screen reboots in very very cold weather. Happens once of twice a year. Last winter didnt happen at all cause it was warm. The other thing I have is this weird rubbing noise from the front lassenger seat suspenion. Took it to dealer --- they were too dumb or lazy to fix it. Trying to find time to take to another dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got a 2015 Dart for my girl with appx 40-45k miles on it....Having issues with it stalling led to discovery of a known oil consumption issue....I'm not looking forward to having TWO cars that use oil too fast. Otherwise it's a very comfortable car for me - I'm 6'3 and all legs so I'm glad to fit comfortably.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The compressor is a valuable tool to have in your car. I always use it to adjust my tire pressures throughout the 4 seasons here. It's much easier than trying to find a gas station that doesn't charge $1.25 in coins to use their air compressor. You can also use it to make sure the spare tire is up to proper tire pressure before using it in an emergency situation.
Agreed, i use mine all the time for air checks/adding. I bought the facory spare and gear as well. I'd never own a car without...period. Thats freakn bizarre.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone noticed very poor sound quality using AUX and Bluetooth audio - but perfectly fine when listening to a CD? Is it just me?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2014. I have had it for almost 3 years now I guess. So far so good. Only problems I have had was the LCD screen reboots in very very cold weather. Happens once of twice a year. Last winter didnt happen at all cause it was warm. The other thing I have is this weird rubbing noise from the front lassenger seat suspenion. Took it to dealer --- they were too dumb or lazy to fix it. Trying to find time to take to another dealer.
I have the same issue with my LCD screen. EXCEPT mine doesn't care what the temperature is. I've had it to the dealer and they have replaced it and told me that the radio in the 2014 is real finicky. Most recently, when it reboots, it turns a blinding white. It's a hard task not to crash when driving at night and it does this.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have the same issue with my LCD screen. EXCEPT mine doesn't care what the temperature is. I've had it to the dealer and they have replaced it and told me that the radio in the 2014 is real finicky. Most recently, when it reboots, it turns a blinding white. It's a hard task not to crash when driving at night and it does this.
the bright white happens to me as well. but only in really bad winters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
AGS are a pain to diagnose.

So far thats my only complaint.

Love the gas mileage and decent pep given the gas mileage is an added bonus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had a similar issue. Used white lithium grease and sprayed on top where the black plastic clip is. Didn't over do it but lubbed it well. Went away for about a year. Do it about every 6 months now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

921 - 933 of 933 Posts