Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me what this code means for my 2013 Dart Turbo Rallye 1.4L 6 speed automatic. It became disabled as I was exiting freeway to a rest stop when out of no where it started to shake and make these loud clanging noises as if my engine was literally falling apart and sounded like my front bumper had fallen off and dragging it in front of the car. Immediately I shut it down called roadside to tow it. I've had it parked ever since. Had it looked at and it will start up but still with noises and shaking. Won't go into reverse will go into drive but says gear can't be accessed. Put it back in part a get message to service tranny.
Can anyone tell me what's going on with my car Pleezz ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone please tell me what this code means for my 2013 Dart Turbo Rallye 1.4L 6 speed automatic. It became disabled as I was exiting freeway to a rest stop when out of no where it started to shake and make these loud clanging noises as if my engine was literally falling apart and sounded like my front bumper had fallen off and dragging it in front of the car. Immediately I shut it down called roadside to tow it. I've had it parked ever since. Had it looked at and it will start up but still with noises and shaking. Won't go into reverse will go into drive but says gear can't be accessed. Put it back in part a get message to service tranny.
Can anyone tell me what's going on with my car Pleezz ?
OOPS it didnt put my code reader code P 1 D 6 B

·
Super Moderator
3,481 Posts
The DDCT is feared by the dealer techs. Most will just want to replace the whole trans. However the FSM has very specific instructions for repairing it.
Since it is making noises, I will guess that one of the clutches fell apart. This is not something you want to do yourself. The trans needs to be removed from the vehicle. Special tools are required.

A couple links you should check:

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM), C635 DDCT / Diagnosis and Testing

P1D6B-00-CLUTCH 1 ACTUATOR POSITION OUT OF RANGE

Theory of Operation

This diagnostic compares the odd clutch actuator position to minimum and maximum threshold values when the odd clutch electrovalve command is off. In this situation the clutch is supposed to be closed. The threshold values are defined based on the mechanical design: the odd clutch closed position changes as a function of the clutch life and of the manufacturing tolerances. The actuator position is read by a position sensor which provides an output signal with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) at a fixed frequency and duty cycle proportional to the position of the actuator. The PWM duty cycle electrical range is between 10% and 90%. If the position sensor signal indicates that the actuator position with electrovalve off is outside its expected range then the diagnostic will be considered failing.

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:

•Ignition is on.
•Actual gear is either an odd gear (1st, 3rd, 5th, Reverse) or the Neutral gear.
•Odd clutch temperature is between two values.
•Even clutch transmitted torque is lower than a calibrated value.
•Odd clutch current command corresponds to off or closed.
•Odd Clutch Position Sensor has no electrical failure.

Set Conditions:

•The odd clutch position sensor output is in the range 10%-90% but it indicates that the actuator mechanical position is less than a lower value or greater than an upper value for a calibrated amount of time.

Possible Causes

TRANSMISSION HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
TRANSMISSION MECHANICAL OPERATION
TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE (TCM)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts