Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 dart and the clutch switch was supposedly replaced by the dealer where I got the car. It has a 2 year warranty. The clutch safety switch moves fairly easy going back and forth. It has also gotten knocked off the clutch pin and the damn thing wouldn't start. Sometimes it won't start with the clutch to the floor and I have to let it out a hair and it starts. I'm quite sure it shouldn't move so freely and be able to be bumped off the pedal pin. I know a bit about cars but this has me stumped. How do I tighten it and does something go on the end of the pedal pin?

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts
Make sure it was installed correctly. Here is the install procedure:
06 - Clutch / SWITCH, Clutch Starter Interlock / Installation

INSTALLATION

1. Place the clutch pedal position switch onto the pin on the clutch pedal arm.

2.Hook (1) retainer on back of switch into the slotted hole in the clutch pedal armature.

3.Insert the pin on the clutch pedal arm (2) into the switch lever and push the base of the lock-lever inward to engage the bracket (2).

4. Rotate lock-lever (3) clockwise until lever is seated.

5.Connect wire harness connector into clutch pedal position switch (1).

6.If equipped, install the knee blocker air bag (Refer to 10 - Restraints/AIR BAG, Knee Blocker/Installation) .

7.Connect the negative battery cable.

There is also a way to test the switch:

Reactions: RyanSr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for your help, I learned that the clutch safety switch was not installed correctly, the dealer skipped step 1. gonna make them fix it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts