Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2,521 Posts
I'm having to replace mine at just over 25000 miles... only thing I can think is that I was not pressing in the clutch all the way... I never dump the clutch or really dog it out though. Anyone else having the weak clutch burning smell issue too. I cant afford dodges $1595+ tax...
Something must be wrong if you have to replace it at 25,000 miles. Clutches should easily last over 100,000 miles as long as you're not stressing the hell out of it like trying to push too much power through an OEM clutch. I'm at almost 50,000 miles on mine and I'm sure there are other with more than this on the stock clutch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Something must be wrong if you have to replace it at 25,000 miles. Clutches should easily last over 100,000 miles as long as you're not stressing the hell out of it like trying to push too much power through an OEM clutch. I'm at almost 50,000 miles on mine and I'm sure there are other with more than this on the stock clutch.
Not too reactivate a dead thread but mine is at 78000 currently I'm getting the slipping and the smell when I get on it. So i'm assuming mine is about to got all together. Completely stock not mods except for the muffler delete. Called the dealer and they confirmed what we already know that its not under warranty at its age and miles clutch is considered a wear item like brakes. Looking at around 550 OEM just for parts.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Not too reactivate a dead thread but mine is at 78000 currently I'm getting the slipping and the smell when I get on it. So i'm assuming mine is about to got all together. Completely stock not mods except for the muffler delete. Called the dealer and they confirmed what we already know that its not under warranty at its age and miles clutch is considered a wear item like brakes. Looking at around 550 OEM just for parts.
if you have to replace clutch out of pocket, go aftermarket and go with CDV delete

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks! That helps clarify things! I don't think I ever driven a car with that kind of device. I curious if that would lead to premature clutch wear. I never burned out a clutch as early as I did with this car, but I also bought it with 36,000 so whoever had it before might have don't some damage prior to me.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Thanks! That helps clarify things! I don't think I ever driven a car with that kind of device. I curious if that would lead to premature clutch wear. I never burned out a clutch as early as I did with this car, but I also bought it with 36,000 so whoever had it before might have don't some damage prior to me.
yes, definitely puts more wear and tear on clutch parts

·
Registered
407 Posts
With thoughtful and careful and *sensible* modding (CAI, intercooler, pulley, ported TB...), coupled with proper operation of a manual clutch, in your opinion how long do feel the factory clutch will last on this dart? I don't see it lasting more than 50k miles, but again I'm no car mechanic. Just a gut feel with how it shifts, the clunkiness.... My gut feel is validated by owning 5 other cars with manual trans and roughly a combined 300k driven on them, never replaced a clutch. This dart just feels weird, hope I'm wrong.
Thank you, people call me crazy. The dart shifts so damn weird and its so loud during shifts.......

I have an extra tranny and lightweight clutch sitting by. Guy was selling the clutch for a steal so I bought it.

I too have driving 5+ manual cars many of which were my daily's. So many plastic parts in the dart trannys....

·
Registered
10 Posts
If I may jump in on everyone's discussion here in regards to the clutch replacement.... first let me start with I have the 2013 dart turbo rallye 1.4 . Purchased from dealership Dec 22, 2018 with 96k miles on it. Currently it now has 134k ( I drive ALOT of miles daily for my job). A week ago I was on a long drive home, car was running normal as far as I knew. I was feeling sleeping so went to pull off at a rest stop, just as I was at offramp and breaking to stop, my car made the worst sounds I've ever heard. Was loud grinding noise, clunking and clanging. And felt like the front of my car was dragging on the ground. Was alot of shaking. I stopped immediately and got out to inspect it. Nothing looked abnormal any where. Does anyone have any idea what this could be. I have some saying it's the tranny, some say clutch, even one said waterpump.I had it towed but not to the dealership. I'd rather know what the real issue with is before they load me up with crap the want to make money off me for.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Is this the 6 speed manual trans or the DDCT?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts