Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched around and I don't see a clutch replacement how-to on the forum for the Dart. Has anyone done one? If not, I may do one soon... My local dealer wants $1,200 just to replace the friction disk, so I figure doing it myself should save a lot of moulah.

·
Premium Member
3,830 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
I've searched around and I don't see a clutch replacement how-to on the forum for the Dart. Has anyone done one? If not, I may do one soon... My local dealer wants $1,200 just to replace the friction disk, so I figure doing it myself should save a lot of moulah.
I have friends in the dealer, and he said there is no "special" tools per say needed, but there are "special" procedures. Which are probably outlined in the dart bible BF posted. There might be some odd types of tools needed to open the trans, like tools typically used on Chrysler vehicles, but nothing that you shouldn't be able to get your hands on.

When my clutch goes I plan on doing it myself. Not that I could MYSELF, but i have a lot of friends with a lot of tools, experience, and a lift so I just buy the beer and give a helping hand where ever I can. :) I have learned a lot about cars that way. haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have friends in the dealer, and he said there is no "special" tools per say needed, but there are "special" procedures. Which are probably outlined in the dart bible BF posted. There might be some odd types of tools needed to open the trans, like tools typically used on Chrysler vehicles, but nothing that you shouldn't be able to get your hands on.

When my clutch goes I plan on doing it myself. Not that I could MYSELF, but i have a lot of friends with a lot of tools, experience, and a lift so I just buy the beer and give a helping hand where ever I can. :) I have learned a lot about cars that way. haha
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely look into it some more. My clutch is slipping like crazy so I will probably be doing something soon and I'd like to get something posted up here. :)

And nice! That's a good way to learn! Fortunately there's a dude in my city that rents out lifts AND he is super helpful with projects for $20/hr.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I am interested in doing mine on my own please let us know .
Same. When it get's to about 70+K miles, I'll probably want to put in a stage 1 or 2 clutch as I will be wanting to do some turbsky action at that point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have myself replaced my slave cylinder inside my transmission and it looks like I should have replaced my clutch while there cause my clutch just went out today. Now I have to find a replacement and install it. It is a tidious process and I will be taking lots of pictures this time. There is a lot I got to remove just to get to my transmission.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have myself replaced my slave cylinder inside my transmission and it looks like I should have replaced my clutch while there cause my clutch just went out today. Now I have to find a replacement and install it. It is a tidious process and I will be taking lots of pictures this time. There is a lot I got to remove just to get to my transmission.
I put in a new clutch last winter and it has been good so far. Now almost 20k miles on the new clutch. Look at the last few posts on the linked thread. I tried to describe all the difficulties I met while doing the clutch job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
PDJennings
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing