Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came out to my car this morning and the clutch pedal was all the way in. When I try to press it it would not come back up. I reached down and pulled it back up and now it works. I drove all the way to work (40 miles in traffic) with no issues. Has anyone else seen this or know wth this is? :mad:

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
mine did the same thing; right before we came back to GA for trip #2. Mine had to be turned off and restarted to go back to normal; brought it to the dealer, to which predictably, not able to duplicate the problem. Hasn't happened again since.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been having this problem for a little while now. First time I thought it was a fluke but it has happened the past two days. Taking it to the dealer this weekend. Like you said though, once I pull it all the way out it will work fine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's pretty sketchy. Not to mention dangerous. If the pedal stuck while in traffic, we have a whole new set of problems headed our way. Hopefully you can get it sorted out. These Darts seem to have tons of little bugs and glitches, but that is to be expected with a 1st model-year, newly introduced platform.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have had a similar problem... In south Carolina it floods a lot. Whenever it rains bad enough and I have to drive through any water (1-3 inches tops) my clutch gets user sticky almost to the point it won't go in gear. I have to pump it a couple of times for it to come back. The pedal itself comes back but it feels like like the clutch isn't engaging where it needs to be. Been a long time since I had a manual. Is this a common problem? Or is it something I need looked at?

·
Registered
107 Posts
You shouldn't have to pump it for it to work right. If you have the time, I would suggest taking it in, as: 1. it isn't safe, and 2. it shouldn't be sticking in the first place. I would err on the side of caution and get it looked into.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I came out to my car this morning and the clutch pedal was all the way in. When I try to press it it would not come back up. I reached down and pulled it back up and now it works. I drove all the way to work (40 miles in traffic) with no issues. Has anyone else seen this or know wth this is? :mad:
I would take it in. Like lomalibu said that it could be the slave cylinder. I had the same thing happen with my clutch, which happened a few times with the earlier released Darts. It's possible that one of those faulty slave cylinders got through quality control. Dealer replaced my slave cylinder and no issues since.

·
Registered
214 Posts
This happened to me the other day. I put my foot under it and popped it up and it hasn't happened since.
I'm glad I am not alone in this.

·
Registered
874 Posts
This happened to me the other day. I put my foot under it and popped it up and it hasn't happened since.
I'm glad I am not alone in this.
Just happened to me this morning. Push it in and only came half way out. Keep us updated I'll call my dealer and see if they need to see the problem to fix it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DodgeDart

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well my tach and my clutch both are playing games so I will be at the dealer in the morning also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DodgeDart

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine has done the same thing twice now. I took it to the shop Wednesday and they called me yesterday and said they couldnt find anything that would cause it. But since they are having to keep the car due to the turbo going out they said they will continue to look at it.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Mine has done the same thing twice now. I took it to the shop Wednesday and they called me yesterday and said they couldnt find anything that would cause it. But since they are having to keep the car due to the turbo going out they said they will continue to look at it.
Riano14,

Has your servicing dealer been able to reproduce the clutch pedal issue thus far?
I've reviewed my technical resources but have not yielded any similar concerns in my search.
Does the pedal only stick in certain conditions or is it simply intermittent?
If you'd like, please private message me your VIN and dealer you are working with and I'd be happy to help you resolve this issue.
Please keep us posted as well if your dealer has already been able to resolve.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Had this same issue happen this morning. Pedal felt really soft even after I pulled it up to start the car. After I shut it down and drove again like a hour later it felt normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same is happening to me as well. Took it into the dealership and they told me they couldn't find anything wrong and that everything was working perfectly. The clutch is stuck to the floor at least once a week, but I don't trust the dealership. If I take it back in, I am sure they will say nothing is wrong. Guess I will have to wait till it shells then see what happens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Riano14,

Has your servicing dealer been able to reproduce the clutch pedal issue thus far?
I've reviewed my technical resources but have not yielded any similar concerns in my search.
Does the pedal only stick in certain conditions or is it simply intermittent?
If you'd like, please private message me your VIN and dealer you are working with and I'd be happy to help you resolve this issue.
Please keep us posted as well if your dealer has already been able to resolve.
I got the call from the dealership Thursday afternoon saying that may car was ready, after dropping off the rental car and getting to the dealership they gave me my keys and told me all the things that they did to the car. As far as the clutch issue they replaced the clutch pedal assembly. When i got in the car i noticed that the clutch pedal was sticking out about 3-4 inches farther than my other pedals. As soon as i pushed in the clutch, it stuck to the floor again. I got the service manager to come out and witness this as it continued to stick to the floor. They are telling me noe that it was a faulty resivor on the new assembly that is causing this to happen. I just dont by it...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts