Dodge Dart Forum banner

141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
now you guys are talking, start big with the hood request, and then move onto the mopar body kit parts
I would get literally none of it, but worth a shot.
I don't even know how I would go about demanding that.
"Look. Before I take my car back, I want something in return for all of this trouble. You lost my keys for a good solid day, you didn't fix the problem in the first place, FCA doesn't know my car even exists, and you have been pretty uncooperative thus far. If you want to keep my business, I'll take the Mopar Sport Appearance Hood and a car wash, thank you very much. What's that? Can't get me the hood? Then the Ground Effects Kit will do just fine."
It's a stretch, but I'll try.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Another update (maybe hopefully the last one of these I have to post)

Dealer called me up and said they fixed the issue. They blamed it on my GPS being plugged in though I'm almost positive I unplugged it. We'll see within the next week or three whether or not that fixes the issue. Fingers crossed, that's what it was. HOWEVER (big fat however here), when I went in to take a look at it, they had some bad news for me. Someone backed into my car and scraped the crap out of my front bumper cover, cracking it in places. They're replacing it free of charge and giving the car a much-needed car wash, but this has all just piled up. One thing on top of the other.

I demanded a parts discount, but they're essentially saying proooooobably not because this was all my fault (which I guess is technically true but then again I wasn't the one who lost my keys and couldn't link a new keyfob and backed into my car causing the front bumper cover damage). Technically if I hadn't left the GPS plugged in (which I'm pretty damn sure I didn't), none of this would have gone down.

I shot @Dart189 a PM recounting the situation because he works for Ourisman, though potentially not the same Ourisman (there are two in MD), also asking for a discount, but if it's a different Ourisman, it might not even happen. I might send the service rep I talked with an email asking if he could install the Mopar chin splitter while they're installing the new front bumper cover because why not? Worth a shot!

So yeah, it looks like this is finally all getting resolved. Hopefully everything is all good from now on and I will keep everyone posted about what happens with the customer service as well as how the gauges and battery hold up with things "fixed" now.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
interesting... that is quite a shot in the dark blaming the GPS or anything else plugged in, because i have never plugged a single gadget into the power adapter and yet my gauges do same as yours. easy test is to see what happens when you start your dart after all the repairs. if the gauges still dance, leave the car there until they fix it :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
easy test is to see what happens when you start your dart after all the repairs. if the gauges still dance, leave the car there until they fix it :)
That's the plan! No word yet on whether or not I can get the chin splitter but I will negotiate as well as I can.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Car's back. No splitter, but the color matches perfectly (to my eye anyway) and no flicker as of yet. If it returns, however, I will not be returning to Ourisman. Just too many issues.

·
Registered
42 Posts
@Wolfram A video would be good. Have had my dart for all these -40C days in Manitoba and I've never heard any squealing from the belt. Only time I've heard that is on my old Chev Lumina in the winter, but it was a 21 yr old car haha.

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Shit, this is happening to my dart recently :(
figured it was just the cold the first time but today I got out of work and the temp was in the 50s. Still did it. After it had been driven a while it didn't do it again.

·
Registered
321 Posts
this is happening to my dart recently :(
Get yourself a little portable battery jump starter thing. Worth the investment until the dealer decides to do something about it. If you take it to them, they will have to actually see the issue, otherwise they will just blow you off.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Get yourself a little portable battery jump starter thing. Worth the investment until the dealer decides to do something about it. If you take it to them, they will have to actually see the issue, otherwise they will just blow you off.
your last post in this thread was 2/15. is everything all good on your end now after 2 months?

·
Registered
321 Posts
is everything all good on your end now after 2 months?
Had the occasional flicker, but not nearly as severe as it was. Car has started fine every single time. That could be because of the warmer weather, or it could be because I haven't plugged in anything since then, or it could be that whatever the dealer did worked. I'm honestly not sure. We'll have to see what happens next winter!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Changed the battery, seems all good now.
That would make sense, but I tried the same thing and the problem persisted. Please keep us updated on exactly how this goes with you!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
That would make sense, but I tried the same thing and the problem persisted. Please keep us updated on exactly how this goes with you!
So far so good, will keep an eye on it but so far there's no flickering of the guages. But before I changed it got so bad it hesitated before starting. Will keep posted if anything changes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
OP here.

Holy this post has exploded. I'm glad lots of people have been able to get help and advice on what seems to be this very common issue we as Dart owners have. For an update on my Dart, as the cold weather disappeared and winter turned to spring, no more flickering gauges. The dealer did however screw up my speedometer, which is another story haha.

When I was at the dealer the other day however, I was told something promising by a mechanic there that I trust. He said that there is a flash update that came out not too long ago that was for the Darts and new Chrysler 200s. There's an issue with not enough power being sent to the cluster during the wake up stage in the colder months (as in when you open the door or unlock or whatever) and so the gauges flicker and EVIC kinda flashes as seen in the video. So anyways there is a lead that sounds promising so I'm scheduled to get the update done soon.

I'll let you all know!

141 - 160 of 192 Posts