Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Have not had the time to take car in for the uconnect issues in previous posts but now I have another issue. When I start the engine, all the gauges start clicking back and forth for a few seconds until engine does start. This is not only visual, but you also do here the clicking sound from the needles until it starts.
Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, no responses but for anyone else with this problem, note that my car will no longer start. I'm sure this issue with the clicking gauges is a result of this. Not sure why it won't start and had car towed to my house. Very disappointed, considering this is a new car. Should have that peace of mind you pay for. Guess I'll find out when I take it to service. Not happy with this car at all when you factor in the continuous issues with uconnect

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am currently having this same issue. I have an appointment with the dealer on Thursday but would like to know what you found out that the problem was. Any help would be greatly appreciated. When I try and start my dart the gauges click back and forth then it starts. At times it takes me 5-20 min of trying over and over again to get the car to start. Does it most of the time but not all of the time. Also a couple of times after it did finally start the dash lights are only half as bright as they should be and my headlights would flicker a bit. Again hopefully you were able to figure out the problem so hopefully you will see this and let me know what they found out. Thx

·
Super Moderator
4,567 Posts
I am currently having this same issue. I have an appointment with the dealer on Thursday but would like to know what you found out that the problem was. Any help would be greatly appreciated. When I try and start my dart the gauges click back and forth then it starts. At times it takes me 5-20 min of trying over and over again to get the car to start. Does it most of the time but not all of the time. Also a couple of times after it did finally start the dash lights are only half as bright as they should be and my headlights would flicker a bit. Again hopefully you were able to figure out the problem so hopefully you will see this and let me know what they found out. Thx
Possibly your alternator failing? My friends had an issue where the lights were really dim and all that and he needed a new alternator. Didn't have the gauge issue though.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Cageorge111,

Sorry to hear you are also having this issue.
You mentioned a visit to your dealer yesterday, how did you make out?
Thanks in advance if you can keep us posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer replaced the battery and it seems to have fixed the problem. Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again with this battery. At least this one comes with a 5 year replacement warranty. The dealer I took it to have the work done said the original battery is not covered by any warranty. Lame so it cost $298 all said and done to get the problem fixed.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dealer replaced the battery and it seems to have fixed the problem. Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again with this battery. At least this one comes with a 5 year replacement warranty. The dealer I took it to have the work done said the original battery is not covered by any warranty. Lame so it cost $298 all said and done to get the problem fixed.
I actually had the same problem (without the uconnect though). In my situation I had a phantom draw on my battery from my amps due to a bad remote line and was lowering the voltage of the battery. It would get low enough that it would do the same thing. Took it in to be sure and the dealership confirmed everything else was OK and mentioned that it can be a sign of a bad battery/connection (sounds like your situation) or a failing BCM.

·
Registered
277 Posts
my wife's dart started doing this a few days ago. at first, car would start after the clicking gauge needles. yesterday, she went to start it and nothing. i jumped the battery when i got home. it started normally. shut it downfor a few seconds, then nothing. taking it to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
my wife's dart started doing this a few days ago. at first, car would start after the clicking gauge needles. yesterday, she went to start it and nothing. i jumped the battery when i got home. it started normally. shut it downfor a few seconds, then nothing. taking it to the dealer tomorrow.
This is happening as we speak. Started this Monday for me. Clicking and dead battery. Jumps help, but I don't know for how much longer. During my lunch today, car clicked and did not turn on at all. Coworker is gonna give me a jump after work (hopefully it'll turn back on). I'm gonna take my battery to AutoZone after work so they can check if all it needs is a recharge or if its a dud and needs to be replaced. I've had this car for almost 2 years. Considering OP had to pay for battery and was told no warranty on it, not going to even bother with the dealership. Hopefully all it needs is a recharge which AutoZone does for free.

·
Registered
277 Posts
itll prob start after a jump, but it may not start on its own....even after the engine has been running for awhile....like the alternator isnt charging the battery

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Update:
Took it to AutoZone yesterday to get battery tested. They advised that it's a bad battery and need to replace it. Recharge will not work. Cheapest is $129.99 + Tax. They will reimburse me $15 if I give them my old battery. My car started up this morning with struggle, but on its own. Once I dropped off my son at my in-laws I turned off my car, & I did have to get a jump. At work right now, will have to ask my coworker again for a jump at the end of the day.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thats ridiculous. How's a battery from a new car not covered under warranty? Either these batteries are defective or something is drawing unnecessary power from them (which shouldnt be happening). I'm still at the dealer waiting on a diagnosis.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Thats ridiculous. How's a battery from a new car not covered under warranty? Either these batteries are defective or something is drawing unnecessary power from them (which shouldnt be happening). I'm still at the dealer waiting on a diagnosis.
Tell me about it. I'd suggest while you wait to search for battery prices. If the OP was given a $298.00 price from his dealer, I'm going to take a wild guess and say your price will be up there as well. I'm currently shopping around. I've heard Costco has really cheap battery prices (starting at under $100) with 2-3 year warranty. Might have to go check after work on that. Checked Wal-Mart as well and they have one for $107.83

I'm looking for the cheapest battery because I don't plan on keeping my Dart that much longer... shooting for sometime November to try and get into the new car.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dealer replaced battery for me @ no cost. Our car has 22k on it. Is the battery covered under 3yr/36k bumper to bumper maybe? There were also a few ecu flashes they did....And the touch screen needs replaced

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK here is my story; About a month ago I noticed the video dash/back up camera would delay at start up, for about two weeks the gauges flutter at start up, and finally yesterday I started and the throttle stuck and the check engine light came on. Dropped it off at the dealer on the way home from work. They finally called today and said the battery is dead. Its only 18 months old. Now the dealer doesn't have a battery until Monday and it will cost $169?? They want to replace it so they can check the other things out to see if the battery has caused all my problems. I hate to pay $169 for a battery, especially if its the same brand (Mopar) that was in it. I will post the outcome.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It sucks theyre trying to charge you. My dealer didnt. Im assuming these cars come with mopar batteries. Thats what they swapped in on mine anyway. The sticker on the battery says it has a 3yr warranty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This same thing happened to me. I was able to get my battery replaced under the standard warranty. So is this a batch of bad batteries or possibly an issue with a phantom draw like what was mentioned in an earlier post? My warranty is up in about 3000 miles. I didn't think to ask at the time, but does the new battery have it's own warranty period that starts when installed and goes beyond the standard warranty?

1 - 20 of 192 Posts