Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I own a 2013 Dodge Dart SXT and i'm looking for a cleaner to clean my fabric seats. I've tried a cleaner made by Simoniz but that just made it worse. If not, do you guys know anyone that sells custom fitted seat covers?
Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Dart Aero 1.4T
3,639 Posts
Hi guys,
I own a 2013 Dodge Dart SXT and i'm looking for a cleaner to clean my fabric seats. I've tried a cleaner made by Simoniz but that just made it worse. If not, do you guys know anyone that sells custom fitted seat covers?
Thanks!!
I was interested in cleaning the the cloth seats in my dart too lately... I was thinking about trying one of the carpet cleaners with the hose attachment... If I go ahead with it i will let you know how it turns out!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mine are a little less than ideal looking too, I've been debating finding a place that rents a steam cleaner...but then I figure once you do that, and screw around with it, it's probably no more expensive/time to just take it to a local car wash/cleaner that does inside detailing and pay them to do it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi guys,
Thanks!!
Not sure what Simoniz product you tried. I have been using Tuff Stuff for years. It is now labeled as Simoniz, it was not in the past. I also use Adam's polishes supplies on my Dart.

·
Registered
252 Posts
A hand held steamer works wonders, and is typically not very expensive. I got a very nice hand held steamer for around $50, just make sure to use distilled water. It's amazing for cleaning car interiors.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I was interested in cleaning the the cloth seats in my dart too lately... I was thinking about trying one of the carpet cleaners with the hose attachment... If I go ahead with it i will let you know how it turns out!
Carpet cleaner works great for the neon so it should for the dart. Just make sure you vacuum it up best you can then blot dry as possible. Steamer is the better route overall too. Great for cleaning interior in general as it's normally safer

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Dart Aero 1.4T
3,639 Posts
Carpet cleaner works great for the neon so it should for the dart. Just make sure you vacuum it up best you can then blot dry as possible. Steamer is the better route overall too. Great for cleaning interior in general as it's normally safer
Wow, really? I never heard of that before!!! I have a steamer at home! Ill probably try that first and see how it goes! I only need to do my front seats since i dont normally have anyone of anything in the back ones!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Anyone who really wants to get into detailing, YouTube is really your best place to start. I very much enjoy these vids:

I currently have this little McCulloch MC1235, and it works fantastic for interior cleaning. Just get this and some good microfiber clothes, a few brushes, and you'll be good to go. I also highly recommend Chemical Guys products.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.