Dodge Dart Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
One of my Facebook friends with a 14, has been through two trannys so far. I've heard of others with the same. The T62 is a crappie trans with almost zero headroom for performance improvement just like the Hyundai Trans in our Dart.

j
Most stock auto trammies these days are not designed to accept any mods. Also, the manual mode - believe it or not - was never engineered to be a fun mode like a true clutch tranny. It was only really meant for situations where one would prefer to leave it in a certain gear while maybe towing or very hilly terrain. The marketed use of having "fun" with the auto stick is a blatant lie on any of the current automatics that are not proven high tech units like a Porsche dual clutch that actually works. There aren't many. I wouldn't be surprised if even they don't handle the kind of "fun" that's implicated in advertising.
I wonder if @cereal killer could weigh in on this?

·
Registered
283 Posts
My whole point is, I've been a MoPar person since about 91ish. This is the first time I have considered buying something other than a MoPar. Are the Avenger and Dart different platforms? Of course, but FCA has abandoned the mid sized Dodge brand, and now it looks like they are saying "if you don't want a Charger or Challenger, we don't want your money"

I'd love to see a mid sized performance oriented Dodge. I'd have one in my driveway if it existed.

j
Something that you and a lot of others are not understanding. The Dart and 200 are not selling! They are costing FCA money. The smart BUSINESS thing to do is drop them as they are doing. Production of the 300, Charger and Challenger are moving to Mexico. If all of you that are complaining about broken promises etc had been paying attention. FCA has been looking for a partner for 2 years to help with the Dart and 200! We are a very small group of owners and not enough people bought the cars. Look at Scion they weren't selling enough of 3 or 4 models and Toyota killed the whole brand.

Its about business, dollars and cents, Darts and 300 sales are not enough to justify keeping them in production.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Something that you and a lot of others are not understanding. The Dart and 200 are not selling! They are costing FCA money. The smart BUSINESS thing to do is drop them as they are doing. Production of the 300, Charger and Challenger are moving to Mexico. If all of you that are complaining about broken promises etc had been paying attention. FCA has been looking for a partner for 2 years to help with the Dart and 200! We are a very small group of owners and not enough people bought the cars. Look at Scion they weren't selling enough of 3 or 4 models and Toyota killed the whole brand.

Its about business, dollars and cents, Darts and 300 sales are not enough to justify keeping them in production.
How many Camrys are selling? How many Accords are selling? How many Jettas are selling? How many Civics are selling. The market is there. FCA just needs to put out a product that can compete. A heavy, bloated, under powered compact, and a heavy, bloated under powered midsize don't cut it in today's market.

THAT is why they weren't selling.

·
Registered
283 Posts
How many Camrys are selling? How many Accords are selling? How many Jettas are selling? How many Civics are selling. The market is there. FCA just needs to put out a product that can compete. A heavy, bloated, under powered compact, and a heavy, bloated under powered midsize don't cut it in today's market.

THAT is why they weren't selling.
What does your comment have to do with what I posted? I wasn't commenting on why they weren't selling, I was commenting on what FCA is doing because they are not selling!

·
Registered
255 Posts
What does your comment have to do with what I posted? I wasn't commenting on why they weren't selling, I was commenting on what FCA is doing because they are not selling!
Think that you are correct in why FCA is quitting on small cars. When we purchased our Dart a couple months ago we liked the Fiat 500x and Jeep Renegade however, after rebates and discounts they would be approximately $5000 more for the same equipment level. So of course that is what they want to sell. All small car sales are down. I do think that it is short sighted to abandon the market unless FCA is really on mission to sell/merge the company. The Hyundai Elantra did not sell well at first and now they are number 3 in small cars sales. Just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Sedan sales are down in general, in favor of small SUVs. Jeep holds the advantage for that right now, being the SUV brand. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a sporty hatch from Dodge.

Really old student-concept drawing that I cleaned up in photoshop (original art not by me). It's called the Dodge Decept. This was done when SRT was young, Caliber was the SRT/4, and the magnum was still around.

original image:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sucks seeing this since I just bought a 2016 Dart Turbo. But I really hope there continues to be support and modding for our vehicles. I love mine so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm slowly trying to turn my 2014 GT into an SRT. So far the mods I've added include:
- Mopar Front Lip Spoiler
- Mopar Rear Diffuser
- Mopar Side Sills
- MPX PVO Carbon Fiber Spoiler
- Xenon HID Headlights/Foglights
- Niche Targa 18.0x8.0 Rims
- HAWK Sector 27 Drilled+Slotted Rotors (front+rear)
- Mopar Sport Performance Hood
- Mopar Cold Air Intake
- Mopar Ram Air Inductor

It's a real shame an SRT4 Dart wasn't actually produced, and we have to DIY; oh well I take pride in mine even if it isn't a true SRT4 :eek::D
14224745_10154401650768592_2515340816038226561_n.jpg
13076674_10154029565493592_5523455386283656869_n.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
- Mopar Front Lip Spoiler
- Mopar Rear Diffuser
- Mopar Side Sills
Your GT didn't come with the GT lip kit from the factory?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Mine didn't come with the lip kit either. Probably the next thing I add. Another dealer had a white Dart with the lip kit, but it had an orange Rhombus stripe and I debated on getting that one. Then taking the stripes off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nope; it sucked because later I found some GT's at the dealership with the kit added and I was bummed because it would have saved me like $1000 in labour+parts :serious:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was pissed when I found out they scrapped the Dart and there was never going to be an SRT. I was planning on trading in my 2014 GT for that. Guess I'll be getting a WRX eventually then.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts