Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here we are a couple years into Chrysler's 295hp AWD, 200 (Chrysler's Dart) and we still don't have an SRT or at least a legit R/T package, seems like a missed opportunity

·
Registered
695 Posts
and will never happen since they dropped the production of both

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
So here we are a couple years into Chrysler's 295hp AWD, 200 (Chrysler's Dart) and we still don't have an SRT or at least a legit R/T package, seems like a missed opportunity
FCA has all but dropped the 200 and Dart entirely. Forget the Dart SRT or R/T, it seems unlikely that there will be a 2017 Dart or 200 at this point at all. There's nothing like an automaker saying they're going to wind down production to drive consumers away in droves. People have effectively stopped buying Darts and 200s, and some dealers are apparently already telling customers that they can't order 2016 Darts anymore.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really I'm not surprised, Fiat was the death of Chrysler, transmission issues across the board, a DDCT recall for the dart they can't supply parts for so no one is buying them used, they managed to take a solid Alfa Romeo chassis, a decent fiat motor and somehow combine it into a heap of garbage, my was as OK as a dart can be since I bought it and a couple years in, no sooner than I received the recall notice on my DDCT did the "service transmission" notification pop up for failure to communicate with the TCM and now randomly won't go into gear or start,and not a dealer around has the parts or can tell me when they might get them as they're allocated not to mention FCAs gutting of the jeep brand it really is a shame so much wasted potential of they had just listened to the consumers

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
FCA has all but dropped the 200 and Dart entirely. Forget the Dart SRT or R/T, it seems unlikely that there will be a 2017 Dart or 200 at this point at all. There's nothing like an automaker saying they're going to wind down production to drive consumers away in droves. People have effectively stopped buying Darts and 200s, and some dealers are apparently already telling customers that they can't order 2016 Darts anymore.
Yes.

Really I'm not surprised, Fiat was the death of Chrysler, transmission issues across the board, a DDCT recall for the dart they can't supply parts for so no one is buying them used, they managed to take a solid Alfa Romeo chassis, a decent fiat motor and somehow combine it into a heap of garbage, my was as OK as a dart can be since I bought it and a couple years in, no sooner than I received the recall notice on my DDCT did the "service transmission" notification pop up for failure to communicate with the TCM and now randomly won't go into gear or start,and not a dealer around has the parts or can tell me when they might get them as they're allocated not to mention FCAs gutting of the jeep brand it really is a shame so much wasted potential of they had just listened to the consumers
And, Yes.
Add all this to a very Demanding consumer. Essentially, anything - any product - that is Retail Consumer based , is in a state of flux right now. The majority of consumers have little to no idea what's going on regarding manufacturing and making even a small profit. But the manufacturers have created their own monster. This is the height of the promised "Information Age".
It ain't pretty, boys and girls.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Fiat was far from the death of Chrysler. Sure i don't like fiat all that much but without fiat Chrysler and Dodge would be dead right now while RAM and Jeep would ahve been bought by someone else

·
Registered
339 Posts
It could be worse, my dad had a brand new transmission installed in his new Acura 15k miles into owning it.

I was holding out hope for an SRT Dart until recently, now I'm sure it is not going to happen at all. Sad face.

·
Registered
164 Posts
After only owning the dart and joining this site about 2 months ago and reading through many threads, it does seem like FCA dropped the ball with poor execution of a great vehicle with tons of potential. It's a shame but I still and always will enjoy mine and continue improving it as much as I can, I really love my dart.

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
Fiat was far from the death of Chrysler. Sure i don't like fiat all that much but without fiat Chrysler and Dodge would be dead right now while RAM and Jeep would ahve been bought by someone else
I would have to agree from a consumer stand point. I don't know what happens behind the scene, but CJDR seemed to be heading down hill until it became apparent that Fiat was stepping in and helping. Jeep and Ram have always sold well, Dodge and Chrysler haven't been doing great up until recently. Which still hasn't been that great

·
Registered
140 Posts
To be fair, everyone's DDCT transmissions suck right now. It's not just a Chrysler thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have spokeno to multiple srt representatives and they keep telling me that the dart srt is not counted out. The dart will not be discontinued until after the 2017 model. Keep your fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
by SRT reps, you mean sales people at auto shows or demo events? Their job is to keep people interested. Because I doubt you're talking to anyone high enough in the food-chain to know what's going on behind the scenes. Even if they went to the dealer show, there was no SRT shown; only the GLH "concept" (which was a base 2L with visual mods & a big brake kit). So are most of the 'concept' Darts we've seen.

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
I have spokeno to multiple srt representatives and they keep telling me that the dart srt is not counted out. The dart will not be discontinued until after the 2017 model. Keep your fingers crossed.
Anybody who actually knows what SRT's official plans are would never tell anybody about them. Even if you happen to know people who work at SRT, it's unlikely they would know very much more about true product development plans than anybody else. When a company like FCA unexpectedly says on the record that they're going to let a product line "run its course", what they're telling the world is "stop buying this ASAP, so we can stop building it." All R&D related to the Dart that doesn't related to safety recall issues has likely by now been reallocated, and any 2017 model year will basically be a short one that is just an continuation of the 2016 model year with less variety (they've already announced the "less variety" part, and it's happening before the end of the 2016 mode year). Now, unless you have some authoritative source to point people at, kindly do us all a favor and stop spreading pointless speculation regarding something that simply isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
i have friends and family who work at Chyrysler Auburn Hills location. the dart and SRT as manufactured by FCA is dead. move on with your lives :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have friends and family who work at Chyrysler Auburn Hills location. the dart and SRT as manufactured by FCA is dead. move on with your lives :)
I apologize if this gets everyones hopes up but one my my Techs just returned from an advanced Chrysler engine course Charlotte NC where he was told that the SRT Dart is dean. With that being said was told that SRT does have a 400HP 4 cylinder that they are putting the finishing touches on. Also the instructor said that he was told that the Cuda is more than likely going to be on a dart frame. Take this for what its worth gents.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Hmmmmmm.... .... ....... Hmmmmmmmmm....... ... Hmmmmmmm.... Well, I was kinda partial to 'Cudas back in the day......

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a 2015 200 before I got the Dart. Before I even hit 10,000 miles on it, I went though 2 transmissions and replaced the wheelhub assemblies twice. I liked the car on how it looked and don't get me wrong, it was a great car when it wanted to work properly. I'm glad though that it isn't going to be made anymore.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm not upset that Dodge is not releasing an R/T model. The Dart was never given the R/T name plate ever in it's run, why add it now? They brought back the GT model (and correctly so as the GT model was mild performance model anyway). If they were going to make a higher performance model, it should be called the GTS. While I loved the idea of a GLHS, that was more of an Omni/Horizon thing.

Admittedly, I'm one of those types that loves the Chrysler past, especially the 60's and early 70's. I'm a little surprised they didn't call the aero package the "Swinger". Anyway, those are my thoughts on the subject.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts