Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2013 dart, 2.0l 6speed. It's CEL is on and it goes into limo mode and won't rev over 4k after like 45 seconds. I've tried reading the codes but my scanners (I tried a few) won't connect and read the ECU. I'm a bit panicked because I don't have money to take the car to a dealer for repairs and I'm not sure what to do from here because I can't pull any codes.... HELP!!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Check the under dash fuse (F21) for the diagnostic connector.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Since you are dong your own work, invest in an OBDLinkMX bluetooth scanner, the alfaOBD android app, and an android device. That will let you access everything on the Dart. Cheap ELM scanners won't work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My scanner arrived and I now have a code. P0198 oil temperature switch. I've called my local dealer ship for pricing on the switch but they say there's no listing for a oil temperature switch on a 2.0 dart. He suggested finding the part pulling it off and looking for a part number. But I haven't a clue where to look for the sensor....

·
Super Moderator
4,738 Posts
My scanner arrived and I now have a code. P0198 oil temperature switch. I've called my local dealer ship for pricing on the switch but they say there's no listing for a oil temperature switch on a 2.0 dart. He suggested finding the part pulling it off and looking for a part number. But I haven't a clue where to look for the sensor....
There definitely is an oil temperature switch. Or at least a sensor of some sort because I know my Dart has a oil temperature monitor in the screens. It doesn't give the actual temp. just like a bar, but still it has to read that from something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There definitely is an oil temperature switch. Or at least a sensor of some sort because I know my Dart has a oil temperature monitor in the screens. It doesn't give the actual temp. just like a bar, but still it has to read that from something.
From my research it looks like the coolant temperature sensor and oil temperature sensor are the same part. My local parts supplier has a listing for the coolant sensor and it looks exactly like the picture I seen on another post. Hopefully it works.

·
Super Moderator
4,738 Posts
From my research it looks like the coolant temperature sensor and oil temperature sensor are the same part. My local parts supplier has a listing for the coolant sensor and it looks exactly like the picture I seen on another post. Hopefully it works.
interesting...the coolant temp sensor should be the thermostat. Which is NOT FUN to replace on this car. Unless it's like a dual use thing then that doesn't seem right. Nor would I want one part to be close enough to both my oil and coolant that it can read them both at the same time. Because if they mix...milkshake! 😳 🍦

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Did some online searching, they are different part numbers.
5149077AB coolant temp sensor
68070744AB oil temp sensor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
interesting...the coolant temp sensor should be the thermostat. Which is NOT FUN to replace on this car. Unless it's like a dual use thing then that doesn't seem right. Nor would I want one part to be close enough to both my oil and coolant that it can read them both at the same time. Because if they mix...milkshake! 😳 🍦
Same part in two locations, not one reading both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts