Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured since not everyone is on Facebook, I would share this event with everyone on the .org. Cedar Point is known as one of the best roller coaster theme park in the world. All located on a small little patch of land off Lake Erie in Sandusky, Ohio. The planned date right now seems to be June 25th, and I believe it plans to stay that way. This event is being put on by @DartsofMerica, but I am about 30 minutes away from the park so I am what you would call a "ride warrior" :big smile:

I will share my comment that I did on facebook for information:

Since I am a cedar point veteran I know some perks and back doors to how cedar point works. First off, depending on how many NON passholders decide to come, we may be able to get a group buy for the day. https://www.cedarpoint.com/gro…/small-group-reservation-form
I believe it's a minimum of 15 people. While a lot of people seem interested, I know a lot of people are platinum pass holders.

Second idea, I happen to have a login for the city of Elyria which brings single day tickets down to $45. There is a special event for them this weekend that makes the tickets $35, but it looks like I should be able to use the same access for the rest of the season. They have a single day ticket option for 45 on there (regular price is like $70). I also have AAA and get discounts through them, and there are other methods to bring the price down.

For us Platinum pass holders parking is free, and parking is NOT cheap. It's upwards close to $20 bucks now, and food inside is your typical x5 the normal price. Depending on how many people come vs how many pass holders we could park most of the Darts at the Sandusky Mall (roughly 10 minutes away from the gate) and then car pool into the park and avoid parking fees all together. Then if needed plan a time to get food and there is a Mcdonalds, Dairy Queen, right outside, and then closer to the mall there is everything else like Chipotle, Steak and shake, applebees etc. The short drive out of the park is well worth it for food as you will pay way too much for food and drinks inside. I understand everyone will probably not stay together, or be on the same schedule but it's just an idea to save money.

I know you guys are from all over the place, but we have others coming from places like Wisconsin, Illinois, and other places not exactly close by. There are good options for hotels right around the park, and I can always assist with finding you even better deal on hotels in cities near me (will be much cheaper more than likely).

A lot of you guys (especially non facebook owners) have probably never been to an actual Dart meet. We don't really plan meet ups or find too many people in our area on here, so this might be your chance! Possibly a weekend vacation to have some fun, bring the family and hang out with the DARTS :D

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow...CP has really hiked their prices since I was last there.
Yes prices have gone WAY up. But you can always find some cheaper tickets. The gate price is WAY too high and I am sure they get thousands of fools that pay that because they are out of state and don't know any better about the deals that you can easily get. You can also get discount tickets at our local Drug mart or Giant Eagle stores.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I remember doing that, or when there were soda cans with discounts for tickets on them. I grew up in Toledo then spent several years in Cleveland - we always hit Cedar Point at least a couple times per season. Great memories!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Wow...CP has really hiked their prices since I was last there.
Imagine my shock. I haven't been there since before Sea World closed. I think it was the first year the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was open. The wife had to see the Elvis exhibition.

Checks to see when it was... Summer of 1998.

If Sea World was still there, I might have gone. Roller coasters (and Dart enthusiasts) aren't enough to make the 6 hour drive each way.

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TOMORROW!

If any last minute guys that might happen to be sorta local to CP and would like to join in on the fun let me know! PM me as that will probably be the only way I will look once I leave my desk this afternoon. Leaving early to hit the drag strip :cool: Going to norwalk to watch the races!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts