Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
I think we might have enough support around here for a dedicated "Caturday" thread. I propose that previous posts get lost in the bustle of others.
Friday nights are special for the feline friendly. But this in no way is intended to diminish dog related joy. It's just that there isn't a dedicated day for them .
Dog Day Afternoon :disappointed:

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dog Day Afternoon :disappointed:
Every Dog has it's day. Which is great. I like dogs. But they do require alot more "maintenance". No denying that they give off more odor and they have to "go" outside. How primal! :haha:
But..... ^ to the above point.... Cats get nine lives ! Not just a Day!!

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
We attempted to give our fluffy cat the spa treatment this weekend. He has a lot of matted fur and we attempted to shave them off for the 1st time. He seemed to enjoy it and didn't mind. We are only doing it for a few minutes each day so he doesn't get upset. But I think he will enjoy it once he goes outside since it's so hot out lately.

It's a "Lion" style haircut which leaves the face, paws, and tail fur.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It cracks me up how different cats are vs dogs when it comes to getting excited to see you after being away. My wife went with her aunt to Disney for a week and returned yesterday. Her aunt has two Dachshunds and they went apeshit when they got back as you might imagine. Shiloh saunters down the steps to greet my wife, makes recognition with a slight rub of the cheek, rolls onto the floor and looks at her. Like "hey... whatsup?"
LOL..... who knows what's going on inside of them, but the apparent indifference is just funny......

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
It cracks me up how different cats are vs dogs when it comes to getting excited to see you after being away. My wife went with her aunt to Disney for a week and returned yesterday. Her aunt has two Dachshunds and they went apeshit when they got back as you might imagine. Shiloh saunters down the steps to greet my wife, makes recognition with a slight rub of the cheek, rolls onto the floor and looks at her. Like "hey... whatsup?"
LOL..... who knows what's going on inside of them, but the apparent indifference is just funny......
My cats wait in the window looking for my car to arrive. Then they run to the back door where I enter. As always I greet them with a Hello followed by their name.

Sometimes I go home at lunch and take a 30 minute powernap. My big fluffy always jumps into bed and lays his head down next to mine on the pillow. I trained him enough now that he doesn't bite my face to get me to pet him. It cracks me up how dog-like he is, a major trait of the maine coon/siberian breeds.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My cats wait in the window looking for my car to arrive. Then they run to the back door where I enter. As always I greet them with a Hello followed by their name.

Sometimes I go home at lunch and take a 30 minute powernap. My big fluffy always jumps into bed and lays his head down next to mine on the pillow. I trained him enough now that he doesn't bite my face to get me to pet him. It cracks me up how dog-like he is, a major trait of the maine coon/siberian breeds.
I started typing a response yesterday afternoon when a truck rolled by our house (on Main street) and it caught our cable tv/phone/internet wire and ripped our connection box right off the house! I called the cable co with my cell phone and threw the proverbial fit. So, they came out and fixed late in the day. Installed a fresh cable line and now the HD tv looks even better than ever!
But back to cats - I never experienced the Maine Coon personality. I heard that they were more dog-like. That is really cool.... I'd like to experience one someday. Ours is a Calico. And according to legend , the Calico is a type of "Diva" in terms of being aloof and self-centered. But like all cats, they have their moments of showing affection . In the Summer though, she just likes to bird watch and sleep in her air conditioned little room about the size of a "sewing room". I need pics of the Lion Haircut! Too cool......

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I have only gotten his rear-end/thighs done at this point in time. He does enjoy it though, he will actually come to the bathroom when I ask him "Do you want me to cut your hair?". Then he plops down on the floor and lets me begin. It's a slow process because his fur is so freakin' thick, it's like sheep wool. My electric buzzer I use on my own hair barely cuts through it.

The dog-like characteristics also translate into him having a larger English understanding. He knows what the following words mean "milk, outside, sit down, no bite, too hot".

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am so intrigued . I really am. Aside from "breeds" however, I've also heard that male cats (neutered or not) are generally more people friendly as far as being handled and less aloof. Females (spayed or not) are a bit more self centered. But like all animals, there are vast differences in personalities. Take me for example....... a human, yes... male yes.... fixed? Kind of lol... had my prostate removed due to cancer at 55. That'll simmer ya down a notch! But I am so damn loveable ! I mean I must be.... my wife stayed with me even though I just want to eat, stay entertained, sleep alot, and talk about the cat like she was a person. I know I'm not crazy...so... it must be the loveable thing .

·
Registered
326 Posts
Some men really do love cats and here is one of our strays cuddlin up with me.

I think she's an outside kitty but since we rescued her, her brother and sister from our porch I'm not so sure she gets that she's a stray. Maybe I don't either lol at least according to this, but the others see the door open and BAM gone! This one cuddles 24/7.

We right now have Baby Girl (the runt) which is extremely outgoing, Chubbs (the explorer) who is dumber then a donkeys hoof and also huge for a kitten and Windy...this one. I named her because of her gas leak if you catch my drift, but holy crap is she sweet just watch the rear end.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I would love to work at a rehab shelter for animals....specifically big cats.

Oh Man .... acts just like a domestic cat. If only ...... they've tried so many times to get a purebred domestic to get large like that with predictable personalities . Size wise, I guess the closest is the Maine Coon.
But wow.... those huge paws.... my GOD..... lUV IT.

I can't even do this with my cat :

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Everyday I get home my big cat snuggles like that with me. Or follows me into the bedroom to nap, with his head literally next to mine on the pillow. I haven't weighed him recently but I imagine he is near 20lbs now. 20lbs of fur lol.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts