Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm about to buy the MPx de cat pipe, just wondering if anyone has any experience with it, also was curious how imperative it is to get a tune.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Without a tune your check engine light will be on because the down stream O2 sensor will not be reading correctly.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Without a tune your check engine light will be on because the down stream O2 sensor will not be reading correctly.
Curse that P2271.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Running a madness catless downpipe on mine and full 3" exhaust custom 3" midpipe as well and it will Def run lean I was getting about 13.1 to 14.1 under boost. I'm putting the factory downpipe back on mine with the factory flange cut off and a new 3 " flange welded in place. Getting tork tune soon

·
Banned
8,648 Posts
In another thread somebody just said they tried it with 2 different extensions and the CEL remained. Has anybody actually gotten one to work on the Dart and if so, which one?

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
In another thread somebody just said they tried it with 2 different extensions and the CEL remained. Has anybody actually gotten one to work on the Dart and if so, which one?
I haven't fooled with it yet because my downpipe moved my midpipe too close to the transmission to fit the non-fouler (poorly made TMC catless downpipe). What I had success with on my charger's catless exhaust setup was taking 2 short non-foulers, drilling out one to fit the o2 on, and stuffing the other full of #00 stainless steel mesh (I mean tightl packged too) and screwing them together. No CEL issues with that car, that's what I'll probably do on the Dart, if I ever get around to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts