Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

has anyone ever added cash in hand to their PayPal account? I would like to keep my PayPal account completely separate from my bank account and/or credit cards. i see that their is an option to chose select stores (i.e. CVS), get a bar code on your app, the store scans the app, you hand over the cash and your account is then credited with that cash amount (and a $3 convenience fee). has anyone done this and is it reliable? Not saying that PayPal is not reputable, just weary of the store location being oblivious to this and don't want to spend hours on the phone with PayPal customer service to solve an issue when my cash goes disappears into the inter-tubes...

·
Super Moderator
4,805 Posts
All,

has anyone ever added cash in hand to their PayPal account? I would like to keep my PayPal account completely separate from my bank account and/or credit cards. i see that their is an option to chose select stores (i.e. CVS), get a bar code on your app, the store scans the app, you hand over the cash and your account is then credited with that cash amount (and a $3 convenience fee). has anyone done this and is it reliable? Not saying that PayPal is not reputable, just weary of the store location being oblivious to this and don't want to spend hours on the phone with PayPal customer service to solve an issue when my cash goes disappears into the inter-tubes...
Never tried that or knew it was an option. But if the store, a large chain store as you mentioned, says they support it then it more than likely is just as legit as how paypal normally works. Just keep a receipt and you can fight the store for the money back if it doesn't go through. The process is probably, you pay them cash, they look up your paypal account and then send digital money to them through their account, and then they take your cash. The fee is probably just so they can make a profit on a very simple and easy transaction .

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
All,

Unless you have a general fear of electronic paying from your accounts or account, it's not worth the trouble. Pay Pal is about as reputable as it gets out there. Plus, you have the added advantage of what most credit cards that are attached to the transaction offer. If you have a quality problem with product. Cash seems so safe, yes. But it's much easier to get an on demand refund or sale cancellation if you have product problems.
Plus they give you X-amount of time to pay with no interest .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts