·
Registered
2,239 Posts
^ ^ ^ I could see that happening, too.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Rock and Roll. Many lives were saved by it.
John Cale (his velvet underground pal) out things quite perfectly in this interview response. Thought he was talking about me for a minute. Maybe talking about us all to a degree.
But who's comfortable admitting that inside we're just a little messed up and looking for order?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
^^^ Luv this post --- though I'm not so sure about what day this is -- 'cause for me (and my cat) -- we looked at the calendar -- and it clearly stated -- in no uncertain terms -- that it was...
Snooze and Sleep-in Sunday
so that's what we did
zzzzz

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
^^^ Luv this post --- though I'm not so sure about what day this is -- 'cause for me (and my cat) -- we looked at the calendar -- and it clearly stated -- in no uncertain terms -- that it was...
Snooze and Sleep-in Sunday
so that's what we did
zzzzz
Commendable. I would spend every other day in that mode. Now , if I could just figure out a way to retire before 62. So much cat buddy snoozing to do... so little time left ...... besides cruising on empty roads at creepy hours when humans are not around much, snoozin' is my second best hobby. I would have snoozing contests with my cat. Imagine that.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Commendable. I would spend every other day in that mode. Now , if I could just figure out a way to retire before 62. So much cat buddy snoozing to do... so little time left ...... besides cruising on empty roads at creepy hours when humans are not around much, snoozin' is my second best hobby. I would have snoozing contests with my cat. Imagine that.
I, too, agree that snoozing is a commendable and admirable act ---- especially when shared with one's furry feline friend.

The truth is that my buddies are frequently blowing up my phone on weekend mornings telling me that I am late to the gym.

As for car cruising, it is best done on empty roads when others are snoozing with their cats.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Today is Friday.
Tomorrow is Caturday.
What comes after Caturday?
Correct!
Creepy Odd Hours Prowler Cruising when most humans are not on the road.
Where does the time go?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Today is Friday.
Not only that -- but today is Friday the 13th -- oooh oooh -- what bad things might happen today?

Tomorrow is Caturday.
What comes after Caturday?
Correct!
Creepy Odd Hours Prowler Cruising when most humans are not on the road.
Where does the time go?
Yeah -- but I'll still be skeered from Friday the 13th -- so I might still under the keevers snoozin' with the kitty.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Not only that -- but today is Friday the 13th -- oooh oooh -- what bad things might happen today?

Yeah -- but I'll still be skeered from Friday the 13th -- so I might still under the keevers snoozin' with the kitty.
Hmmmmm... it didn't "hit" me yesterday, but now I'm thinking it was a bad Fri 13th for Paris. God bless those who didn't make it.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Friday.
Caturday.
Buddyday.
The weeks go so fast.
Like my Buddy.
So how many people do you know by what they drive?
Do you ever introduce somebody by what they drive?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
So how many people do you know by what they drive?
Do you ever introduce somebody by what they drive?
Nope. I'm a lone ranger of sorts. Nobody at work is a car nut. I have no social life anymore to speak of. Soon the owner of the store I work at is retiring with little hope of a new owner so even the Buddyday drives might be over due to lack of money. But in the mean time..... It's Avenging Like There's No Tomorrow!

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
But , speaking of cars , who else thinks that the current and growing trend of "over teching" the new drivetrains for the sake of a few scant mpg's is going to bring the modern car to what other "hard goods" retail items have become : Throw-Away. And in most cases, Sooner, rather than Later?
I know, I know,.... another confusing question by DD. What is this "over teching" ye speak of , oh wise and knowing car man?
The List of things born to look good on paper but , like paper, has a shitty shelf life when exposed to constant useage:
Direct Injection. Everbody will soon have it. But without the added expense of a dual multi port washing system for low demand revs (like some of the Asians) it's just a service expense and winds up making motors less efficient within 20K miles.

12 speed automatics. Why stop at 8 or 9 ? The more, the breakier. (new word based on merrier) .

Cylinder Deactivation. Things turn on, things turn off based on "demand" . Things turn on, things turn off, then they develop handicaps just like athletes. It's not based on longevity or value - rather , it's based on "break and fix for money".

Start / Stop Technology. Engines turn off at full stops. Then they start again. And a bunch of parts to keep other stuff running so that electrical systems don't stop too. In the world of Dumb, this is Dumber.
I don't even care if it does work flawlessly for 20K miles before needing parts replaced. I just think it's creepy to have an engine start and stop and start and stop so many times in one day. Sitting at a long traffic light and listening to you engine "purr" is one of life's simple pleasures. Stop the insanity.

Maybe a truly advanced electric car with a 200 mile battery interval with near 95% reduced moving parts will be the answer. As long as they can offer realistic engine roar and the feel of rumble in your seat.
And zero service for 150K miles. I could "settle" for that. Better than a bad science project being carried out in the last days of gas powered internal combustion engines in cars.

And now... I think we all know what time it is.

Buddy day with DD and the Pentastar Classic edition from 2014. :)
Classic? yes.... a Port Injected "drive-your-engine-clean" delivery system with enough cylinders to pull a typical weight sedan and 6 simple auto gears to navigate most landscapes that I am familiar with.
Unless maybe Dr. Seuss took over the Earth and made it a very very uneven and complex series of ups, downs, and roads built for clowns !
aseuss.jpg

·
Registered
287 Posts
But , speaking of cars , who else thinks that the current and growing trend of "over teching" the new drivetrains for the sake of a few scant mpg's is going to bring the modern car to what other "hard goods" retail items have become : Throw-Away. And in most cases, Sooner, rather than Later?
Indeed... Thanks government interference!!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
How about dangerous tech? Sometimes I scratch my head and wonder who thinks up this crap.

Bob the Engineer: Lets have a feature where the headlight turns OFF when you use a turn signal.
Manager: Great idea Bob! Keep these ideas coming. Here is a raise and why don't you take 2 weeks vacation.

In what crazy world do these people think that turning off a headlight at night would be a good idea?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
yes.... let's shut the whole car down at stops except for the blinker.
remember, a penny saved.......
and have reduced warranty to 90 days - parts only. No more free labor. And a Tip Jar at the service counter.

41 - 60 of 536 Posts