Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car wouldn't start this afternoon. Really light clicking noise when trying but doesn't sound like it is the battery. The dash still lights up but the fobs don't unlock the door and the lights don't turn on when the fob finally unlocks but like barely. Maybe battery dead? I have an appointment at the dealer on Monday for my Bluetooth but now I have to tow it in. I read on here that people tried just cycling the key a few times but didn't work for me. I'm gonna try to jump the battery in the morning and see what happenes. Anybody have any idea what it could be? The dealer had to order a module for the Bluetooth that I'm gonna have replaced on Monday, could that be the problem also? I'm soo frustrated right now bc I couldn't get to work today. ..I just hope it's nothing that serious. .....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem with my September build 1.4L 6-speed SXT. My son gave a push and we got it started and avoided the tow, so now the car is at the dealership parked until service tech can look at it on Monday (hopefully).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sounds like the battery. Did you leave anything plugged in to the console port? The one in the arm rest on most dodges is not key activated and will stay on all the time. You have a 6 speed so if you can get it rolling you can let out the clutch to "jump" it. Run it around the block, park and try to start again, if it doesn't start the battery could be bad, or the alternator could be bad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well got roadside assistance to tow the car to the dealer, came and just jump the battery and the car started. He told me to just same the tow and drive to the dealer and check it out. Got car back today and was told that the battery was good and that they recharged the battery, did a draw test and tested the charging system and everything is fine. It's weird to me that the battery would just die like that. I drive it everyday, didn't leave anything plugged in. ..idk. ...I guess I'll see what happens. ....

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
If I'm not mistake there was a TSB on the Dart killing batteries. You may want to lurk in the TSB section as I think there is something that the dealer needs to address on your car to keep this from happening again.

·
Registered
915 Posts
You did not have an aftermarket remote start or alarm installed did you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same thing happen this morning, second time. The tow truck is coming to take it to the dealer. Frustrating when the car only has 7000 miles on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine just did this same thing this morning was driving and the security light started flashing pulled over now car is completely dead. Wtf I've had it a week. Waiting on tow truck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! I’m having the same question. My car was working fine all morning but then after a few hours of it being parked outside my house, I came back to a car that won’t start. We tried to jump the car but that didn’t work to get it started. That let us know it’s not the battery but I can’t seem to think of anything else it could be. Can anyone help me as well?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also just had this issue. My car was running fine last night. I parked it and it only sat a couple hours for the night and this afternoon I went to start it and nothing... I heard small faint clicks and the needles flickered but the car didn't even try to start. I phoned two mechanics and they both said the same thing..... I need a new gas pedal?? I really like my dart but I know nothing towards the mechanics of cars. If anyone knows how my gas pedal is connected to my battery receiving power that would be awesome because I am confused and I don't want to spend unnecessary money.

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
If you read the above posts, no one said it was the accelerator pedal. If you have a multimeter, check battery voltage. Darts need a really good battery to start and run. Faint clicks is a very diagnostic symptom of a failed battery. Dart batteries don't last 10 years like your previous car probably did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you read the above posts, no one said it was the accelerator pedal. If you have a multimeter, check battery voltage. Darts need a really good battery to start and run. Faint clicks is a very diagnostic symptom of a failed battery. Dart batteries don't last 10 years like your previous car probably did.
Thank you. I'll look into the battery more. My issue just happened today and I was told by two mechanics it's the pedal causing it. Not saying my issue is related to anyone else here, it just seemed similar. I wasn't sure if anyone would have information on the pedals.

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
Thank you. I'll look into the battery more. My issue just happened today and I was told by two mechanics it's the pedal causing it. Not saying my issue is related to anyone else here, it just seemed similar. I wasn't sure if anyone would have information on the pedals.
Turning the engine with the starter depends on the battery. Once the engine starts, the alternator supplies power for everything else. The gas pedal is connected to the throttle body electronically and the PCM controls the ignition and fuel once it's running. While starting on a Dart is complex, it has to have a good battery first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts