Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after reading through the forums I thought I would replace my bad engine mounts with the 3 DeyemeRacing mounts in flex. After installing and torqueing all bolts to spec, I still feel a vibration going through the entire car. When accelerating the car is fairly smooth no extreme vibrations (besides the road surface) but when I come to a stop the car shakes pretty bad considering the new mounts.

I've found the engine centering manual here and was wondering, this is for the people who have done this procedure, what position was the car in when you were doing this procedure? Did you have the car level and just supporting the engine with a jack or am I just to loosen the bolts and let the engine "hang"? Was the engine level along with the car after the procedure or was the engine more back or more forward?

If there are any other tips anyone has I would definitely appreciate them,
Thank you.

·
Administrator
5,730 Posts
Yes, the car should be level. Follow the centering procedure in your link.

·
Administrator
5,730 Posts
You will be able to move the powertrain when the bolts are loose. Then just center it.

·
Administrator
5,730 Posts
Techauthority.com or AllDataDIY.com

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Dart GT
1,465 Posts
Just FYI, the Deyeme flex is still much firmer than then OEM mount (which can be moved by hand). It does lead to some vibration in the cabin which you will notice when stopped (I run the flex rear mount). Not sure how much vibration you are experiencing.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 dodge dart sxt rallye
109 Posts
Okay so don't worry about realignment of block till I do the sides so thats settled they are staying open stock cause that's a pain now that I think about it probably shouldn't have done the rear with nothing to support the engine I'm over 150k

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay so don't worry about realignment of block till I do the sides so thats settled they are staying open stock cause that's a pain now that I think about it probably shouldn't have done the rear with nothing to support the engine I'm over 150k
I've been reading they go out around 40k. So 150 is pretty good. I just got my dart and did a motor swap. If I knew the mounts were prone to go out I would of replaced them then. I went with stock after seeing people complaining about the aftermarkets shaking new. A few hundred for mounts ain't too bad and they are fairly easy to replace

·
Registered
109 Posts
No mine have been shot for a long while probably since I bought her got her with like 97k miles I think only parts the dealership replaced were back suspension:oops:

·
Registered
7 Posts
No mine have been shot for a long while probably since I bought her got her with like 97k miles I think only parts the dealership replaced were back suspension:oops:
There is a guy on YouTube that did videos on all 3. Passenger and rear are super easy. Drivers is a little harder. Have to move a bunch of electrical but it's still not bad

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So i finally went ahead and did the neutralization procedure and i’m still getting a good amount of vibration through out the entire car, mainly in the steering wheel and i can see the “leather” part of the dash shaking pretty good. I was able to look under the car while my girlfriend shifted through out the gears and I can see the rear mount is shifting a little where the bracket meets the mount. I made sure to retorque the bolt and nut as well as the bolt going into the cross member but with no luck it was still moving when shifting from park/neutral to drive/reverse.

I expect to feel some vibration but i was hoping it wasn’t this much.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey took my dart out with new mount I honestly didn't notice much difference that being said my side mounts are definitely blown so it's probably not goint to do much of anything lol however stupid thing to ask did you put the mount with the long side to the left and short to the right? Not sure if it will fit the other way but I tried lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey took my dart out with new mount I honestly didn't notice much difference that being said my side mounts are definitely blown so it's probably not goint to do much of anything lol however stupid thing to ask did you put the mount with the long side to the left and short to the right? Not sure if it will fit the other way but I tried lol
I believe i did at the beginning but i think i ran into a fitment issue. The bracket was hitting and couldn’t be installed correctly

·
Registered
109 Posts
Okay just wanted to make sure I'm I'm out of ideas my cars a shaking death trap usually anyways so I'm not sure if it is much different where did you find torque specs could they be off or did you find them on the forums?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Okay then idk it should all be good unless an order got mixed up who knows maybe I got a flex instead of the firm one and you got the firm one lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts