Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been acting crazy the past 2 days. Thought it was the starter, still not sure. Went out the other night came home at 1am, hubby went to the car it wouldn’t start, the next morning he started playing with some wires, it started again for a couple hours, then wouldn’t come back on. He went in and played around again it started working again. Can anyone tell me if they have similar problems? Don’t think it’s the battery because the car has power just won’t turn over

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
If its the OEM battery, the cars do strange things when they start to go, sometimes they work fine and other times nothing. The darts are very sensitive it appears to voltage changes. I would be surprised of you still had an OEM battery too, if you do consider yourself lucky for how long you had to go without replacing it.

·
Super Moderator
3,290 Posts
Exactly which wires?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If its the OEM battery, the cars do strange things when they start to go, sometimes they work fine and other times nothing. The darts are very sensitive it appears to voltage changes. I would be surprised of you still had an OEM battery too, if you do consider yourself lucky for how long you had to go without replacing it.
May I ask what a OEM battery is?? I do believe I have the original battery that came with the car if that’s what u mean

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Your battery needs to be replaced. The battery that comes original in the Dart does not last very long and will not crank even if it still has a charge.

There is no warning sign before it stops cranking over the engine. No slow cranking, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
Yes OEM means the battery the car came with. OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer, and the use of the term is to mean parts that the car factories use. When you go buy a battery at Advance Auto or Autozone , NTB, Etc, you are getting an aftermarket battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car has been acting crazy the past 2 days. Thought it was the starter, still not sure. Went out the other night came home at 1am, hubby went to the car it wouldn’t start, the next morning he started playing with some wires, it started again for a couple hours, then wouldn’t come back on. He went in and played around again it started working again. Can anyone tell me if they have similar problems? Don’t think it’s the battery because the car has power just won’t turn over

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you tried turning the key around. Sometimes I have to take the key out and flip it over then it starts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts