Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 dodge dart 2.4L. 110,000 miles.

The issue usually occurs less than a mile from the driveway and is occurring at random. After driving roughly a half mile to a mile, the battery light comes on on my dash and my car engine shuts off. Battery isnt dead cause radio and dash lights all work fine. Restarting the car at this point is an absolute bitch. Car struggles to turnover but after 3 or 4 long attempts the car finally starts again and I do not have this problem again for another day or two. Originally thought it was a spark plug issue but those have since been replaced and the issue still occurs.

Please help. Also ask any questions if something isn't clear or left out.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Check the oil. Top up if necessary. If oil gets low enough, the MultiAir gets starved for oil and shuts down. You can get an oil consumption test done at the dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
how old is your battery? our cars are very picky when it comes to a battery going bad, it may power the radio and such but still cause random issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil was almost a quart low. Went ahead and changed it completely. Issue has yet to reoccur since oil has returned to the correct level. Thank you. I will keep you posted if issues continue.

·
Registered
17 Posts

The issue usually occurs less than a mile from the driveway and is occurring at random. After driving roughly a half mile to a mile, the battery light comes on on my dash and my car engine shuts off. Battery isnt dead cause radio and dash lights all work fine. Restarting the car at this point is an absolute bitch. Car struggles to turnover but after 3 or 4 long attempts the car finally starts again and I do not have this problem again for another day or two. Originally thought it was a spark plug issue but those have since been replaced and the issue still occurs.

check the oil, mine did something similiar and i went as far as changing the Map sensor and o2 sensors turns out the oil level indicator on these cars is shit and i had like no oiil... best advice is when you change oil, reset the oil life on the cluster and use it to guage your oil level/life... no oil and the car will protect itself by running like shit letting you know to check/add/change oil

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

Check your oil level. It’s probably low, multiair has a fail safe where it kills the engine when oil is low. If you’re right on the threshold you may notice it happen when you brake hard or make turns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts