Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,808 Posts
Looks like most are intermittent. Check the grounds. Usually a bunch of wires under a bolt screwed into sheet metal. Paint can prevent a solid connection and cause intermittents like what you have. Check the engine bay, under the dash and the trunk. B codes are body codes and U codes are CAN bus network codes. I am not sure those codes themselves can cause intermittent stalls, but if a ground connection isn't solid, that could explain everything.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Looks like most are intermittent. Check the grounds. Usually a bunch of wires under a bolt screwed into sheet metal. Paint can prevent a solid connection and cause intermittents like what you have. Check the engine bay, under the dash and the trunk. B codes are body codes and U codes are CAN bus network codes. I am not sure those codes themselves can cause intermittent stalls, but if a ground connection isn't solid, that could explain everything.
With my findings would I be able to bring this to dodge to look over? I do have an extended warranty with them and it also sounds like I might need some front end work. Also does having the app or OBD void the warranty?!

·
Super Moderator
3,808 Posts
The app does the same thing their Witech scanner does, maybe even better. What having the app does is give you information that you did not have before. They can't give you that line that they couldn't duplicate the problem just so they could get away with doing nothing. I can't see how it could void your warranty and if they say it does, look for another dealer. Search for posts from member @PeterSteele. He had all kinds of codes that he found out about after getting the app and once he showed them what codes he had found, they found a bad ground that fixed almost every thing.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The app does the same thing their Witech scanner does, maybe even better. What having the app does is give you information that you did not have before. They can't give you that line that they couldn't duplicate the problem just so they could get away with doing nothing. I can't see how it could void your warranty and if they say it does, look for another dealer. Search for posts from member @PeterSteele. He had all kinds of codes that he found out about after getting the app and once he showed them what codes he had found, they found a bad ground that fixed almost every thing.

No maybe about it: it definitely does better than their Witech.

Sort of, at least. They both pull the same data, but the Witech hides probably 60-70% of it from the service tech. The complete dump gets sent to STAR, and the tech only finds out what's in it if he or she gets the stars and planets in perfect alignment and Detroit thinks it's relevant.

I really had to go to a LOT of trouble and pain to get my car even sorta-kinda fixed. It still gets terrible gas mileage, though: right now it's sitting at about 17.1, though ... well, I haven't driven it in a while. I make sure to spit on it whenever I walk past, on the way to my Daytona 392. (Which, hilariously, is at about 17.8 mpg right now.)

Reminds me, though: I need to see how Alfa OBD works with the Charger...

(And yes, I went to a different dealer for the Charger.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I have the 2.4. so it just happen again today but I have been noticing it happing mostly when taken turns like turning onto the highway. That's what happen today was turning to go onto the highway but this time my RPM went down all the way then few seconds later battery light came on...any ideas. Also I will invest in the OBD link as I am almost done paying this car off and plan on keeping it. But any ideas about this?

Hey! Im having the same issues! Did you ever figure out what the issue was?

·
Premium Member
6,295 Posts
Hey! Im having the same issues! Did you ever figure out what the issue was?
If you have the 2.4L Tigershark and are getting random stalling, particularly in turns, check your oil level. A large number of these engines consume oil at a high rate with no other obvious issues (there are tons of threads about this, but the reason remains unknown, since FCA claims oil consumption is not unusually high for this engine even though every vehicle that uses the engine has a large number of people complaining about mysterious oil consumption), and if the oil gets too low, the 2.4L engine just stalls.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts