Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my morning didn't go as expected.

You were good to me and very reliable for 5 years, 85K miles. Within that time, I've never seen a Check Engine light and you were fun to whip around. Anytime I needed to go on a drive and get away, you were there with no issues. You may of not been the fastest or quickest but I always had a good time rowing through your gears and taking corners the way you handled, you gave me confidence through the turns and that is where I found you to shine.

Although an unfortunate situation, I am Blessed as I am completely unharmed. These things happen, life goes on. My day is still going great😃 I am Grateful I had no kids with me in the car and I was riding solo. I am Grateful I was able to react appropriately and promptly. I am grateful that I was aware and knowledgeable of what was coming. I am Grateful I didn't start a brush fire because of where I was located. God is Goood and I may not understand now but I know he was with me and someway, some how, this was meant to be.

Soo, what happened? Clutch failure. As I was at a stop sign, I put the car in gear and it struggled to move. I was at 4K RPM's before the car would go anywhere. As I got moving, I went to shift gears into 2nd but my clutch pedal went straight to the floor and lost all resistance. As soon as I felt that, I thought to pull over and get towed but I heard something "explode" almost immediately under the hood and smoke was visible. I grabbed my belongings, got out and walked away from the car. Within 2-3 minutes, my car was engulfed.

If you know me, you know I am a @dodgeofficial man and I still believe in and love their products 100%. A Dodge has always been in the family since I was a kid and before anyone can comment about Dodge, I will never be converted to Chevy or Ford🙅🏽‍♂️🤣 May you Rest in Peace in Car Heaven🤝🏽🚘

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Dart GT
1,463 Posts
Well, my morning didn't go as expected.

You were good to me and very reliable for 5 years, 85K miles. Within that time, I've never seen a Check Engine light and you were fun to whip around. Anytime I needed to go on a drive and get away, you were there with no issues. You may of not been the fastest or quickest but I always had a good time rowing through your gears and taking corners the way you handled, you gave me confidence through the turns and that is where I found you to shine.

Although an unfortunate situation, I am Blessed as I am completely unharmed. These things happen, life goes on. My day is still going great I am Grateful I had no kids with me in the car and I was riding solo. I am Grateful I was able to react appropriately and promptly. I am grateful that I was aware and knowledgeable of what was coming. I am Grateful I didn't start a brush fire because of where I was located. God is Goood and I may not understand now but I know he was with me and someway, some how, this was meant to be.

Soo, what happened? Clutch failure. As I was at a stop sign, I put the car in gear and it struggled to move. I was at 4K RPM's before the car would go anywhere. As I got moving, I went to shift gears into 2nd but my clutch pedal went straight to the floor and lost all resistance. As soon as I felt that, I thought to pull over and get towed but I heard something "explode" almost immediately under the hood and smoke was visible. I grabbed my belongings, got out and walked away from the car. Within 2-3 minutes, my car was engulfed.

If you know me, you know I am a @dodgeofficial man and I still believe in and love their products 100%. A Dodge has always been in the family since I was a kid and before anyone can comment about Dodge, I will never be converted to Chevy or Ford May you Rest in Peace in Car Heaven

View attachment 126200
View attachment 126196
View attachment 126197 View attachment 126198 View attachment 126199
Scary stuff. Glad you are unharmed.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
5,662 Posts
Something not everyone realizes is that brake fluid is flammable. While not as volatile as gasoline, it will burn and set plastics on fire. The fluid in the clutch hydraulics is brake fluid. Having the exhaust pipe under the oil pan and next to the trans bellhousing may have contributed to the inferno.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Something not everyone realizes is that brake fluid is flammable. While not as volatile as gasoline, it will burn and set plastics on fire. The fluid in the clutch hydraulics is brake fluid. Having the exhaust pipe under the oil pan and next to the trans bellhousing may have contributed to the inferno.
Its very possible that a fluid is what caused the fire to expand quickly. I almost have a feeling that my transmission exploded. Whatever I heard break, it was very loud and whatever it was, had enough force to puncture the radiator. As soon as I pulled over I saw a trail of Coolant and looked under the car to confirm the Radiator had been punctured. I had no time to open the hood though to see what grenaded as it got hot very quickly

·
Premium Member
6,496 Posts
Its very possible that a fluid is what caused the fire to expand quickly. I almost have a feeling that my transmission exploded. Whatever I heard break, it was very loud and whatever it was, had enough force to puncture the radiator. As soon as I pulled over I saw a trail of Coolant and looked under the car to confirm the Radiator had been punctured. I had no time to open the hood though to see what grenaded as it got hot very quickly
It's just as well that you didn't open the hood, you may not have walked away from doing that. Glad to hear that the only casualty was the car (and the road under it). It sounds like something ruptured and either released fluid or shrapnel tore into a line or reservoir.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.