Dodge Dart Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Man, could they not come up with a way to just download the files instead of charging $30 USD to ship a USB stick? It would also only take a minutes instead of days, or even weeks if you happen not to live on the US mainland. It would just be my luck that mine would get X-Rayed into oblivion coming into Canada.
That would definitely be a better way to modernize and they could still secure everything, perhaps even in a better way.

If not for the authentification process, I'd have imagined this was meant as a plug and play option for those that aren't tech-savvy. Perhaps it even started that way in a board meeting but undid itself in technical implementation.

I paid $10 in shipping; sorry Canadia.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I updated my maps and all is well now.
I went from software CTP14 to CTP16 and have the latest maps from Garmin, I should be good for the next few years.
  1. How did you end up updating your navigation? Which route did you go, and did you end up paying a $150? I'm really not trying to spend a bunch of money either. Could u please let me know the steps you took?
  2. Thank you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought this; came with a loaded USB and instructions.

Process involved:

1- Updating Car's Nav System (I had already done this).
2- Pulling files from the car's nav itself and loading them on the USB.
3- Using that file, a file native to the USB, and product code in the back of the box to download the appropriate unlock/update files.
4- Loading the completed USB back in the car and waiting/driving around for between 1 and 2 hours.
can you elaborate on these steps a little? Is there a pc involved? which files get pulled from the nav and how?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts