Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I second what @jsblanch has stated. It is exactly what happened.
I've just installed heated seats into my aero, and had to reconfigure the radio to know they exist, along with the proxy alignment to let all the car's computers know what's going on.
you need the uconnect updates, sales codes added, and proxy alignment. the radio itself is fine. I hate dealerships though, which is why i chose to get alfaobd and do it myself.
it should take less than an hour for everything to be added to the radio including update.
Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. I'll taking my car to the dealership on Thursday. Hopefully it's an easy fix!

·
Registered
243 Posts
This has happened to me unfortunately. It's a real shame that they can't fix this with software, and that an entire NEW RADIO is required. Dealer ordered one for me. Good information here on the proxy alignment, I sure as hell don't want the radio install to be botched or features to be missing! So much for those engineers at Chrysler that oversaw the 8.4N system ! :crazy:

19399752_1341976949172117_2596433402473600701_n.jpg

19399262_1341977175838761_7006039065730266986_n.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
How did this turn out for you? I have the same issue right now. I've had issues with my local dealerships (http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dealer-experiences/56714-where-here.html) so I'm debating even trying to get it fixed. I've spent two days on the phone with Dodge who told me to call Uconnect (told me it's not their problem and sent me back to Dodge), Navteq (told me it's not their problem and sent me back to Dodge) and then basically told me they have no clue what's going on and sorry about your luck. Right now the only thing not working is the Nav, if I choose not to fix this is it likely to get worse? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
48 Posts
We had this exact same issue with our 2015 Journey, and they said the entire radio unit needed to be replaced. Luckily it was under warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2015 Dodge Dart cannot load maps. The next screen says detailed maps are required for navigation. I cannot buy a new unit. Are there any recalls for this issue, since so many people are having the same issue at about the same time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been looking into this for about a week now. I no longer trust my dealer since they charged me $258 for a tune up and left the pcv hose off and would not let me come back for them to put it back on for a week, causing my car to lose acceleration power and gas mileage. I have been able to help the mileage a little by adding seafoam, but never got back to the 40 mpg again. still 28-30 mpg.
I am learning that a LOT of people are currently having this issue with the Garmin maps. I wonder if it sets to tear up if you don't update it within so many reminders?
I am hoping that a recall will be issued. I do love my little Dodge. I miss having good power and navigation.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was wondering if we get this message if we say remind me too many times? I hope the update works. I did read on the other page to make certain to do the maps one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am having the same problem with my 2014 Dodge Dart.
Do you have to replace the whole radio, or can the maps be unlocked with an update, or a purchase of newer maps from Garmin ?
How much does the total fix cost ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am having the same problem with my 2014 Dodge Dart.
Do you have to replace the whole radio, or can the maps be unlocked with an update, or a purchase of newer maps from Garmin ?
How much does the total fix cost ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I STILL do not have mine repaired. I did the online update thing with the flash drive, but I don't have the right pc. So far, I haven't gone to the library to try to re download it with one of theirs. I think there is a $150 charge on the update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the exact same problem the GPS said No maps loaded / available. Then I realized that half the time my uconnect does not recognize my phone. Bought New 2016 Dodge Dart GT that has 31000 miles on it. I took it in last week to the dealer. They said I need a whole new radio/camera/gps system. They ordered it $700. I still have to pay the deductible of $100 from the extended warranty. I am not happy even having to pay the $100 cause after reading these threads it seems to be a defective problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took the 2016 Dodge Dart GT into the dealership cause after the fix the odometer was flashing. They had to re-calibrate the dash board so for now problem fixed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm having the "Can't Unlock Maps" issue in the US with my 2015 Dart GT, 8.4 Nav; started 3 or 4 days ago.

For the past two years or so, I've had the CTP16 update and version 7.09 software. When the problem happened and all the maps seized up, the CTP version went back to 13 for some reason.

Recently updated with the Garmin file and it went to CTP17, v7.09, but still has the map issue.

About to run the FCTPMY14.KWI file and see what comes of it.

On a related note, I had been looking to update my maps without going through the huge process of downgrading back to CTP13 that is in the other well-traveled thread, and the FCA navigation website has their 2019 maps available for $99 before shipping and tax.
(Can't post an actual hyperlink with this baby account, sorry.)

The price isn't too bad, and I confirmed that they'll issue a refund within 30 days of delivery if it doesn't work for me. I am still apprehensive about trying to update the maps with the Nav in the state that it is, but I figure it's worth a shot.

I know that the 8.4 Nav is still under 100K warranty and I'm at about 68K, but I'm trying to keep the dealership visit and possible total replacement (along with the risk of getting the wrong software as has happened to others) as the very last option.

I suppose I should just count myself lucky that I didn't have the problem until 3 years after some of ya'll did.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Update:

Happy to report that the $100ish was worth it. Not only fixed my issue, but now I have FCA/Garmin's 2019 set, which has already been better about not taking me down highway exits that don't exist and the wrong way down one-way streets.

If I only had the "Can't Unlock Maps" issue and wasn't looking to update maps as well, I would not have paid for this. That being said, $99 is much better than the $299 or $499 pricetags I remember getting in the mail from FCA about a year after I bought the car.

Worth it for 4 years worth of updates, and I'm saving the files in a few backup drives in case I have issues in the future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So what did you actually buy ?
what country do you live in and did i read right you did have the cant unlock message and you were able to fix it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought this; came with a loaded USB and instructions.

Process involved:

1- Updating Car's Nav System (I had already done this).
2- Pulling files from the car's nav itself and loading them on the USB.
3- Using that file, a file native to the USB, and product code in the back of the box to download the appropriate unlock/update files.
4- Loading the completed USB back in the car and waiting/driving around for between 1 and 2 hours.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Process involved:

3- Using that file, a file native to the USB, and product code in the back of the box to download the appropriate unlock/update files.
4- Loading the completed USB back in the car and waiting/driving around for between 1 and 2 hours.
So you had the issue “can’t unlock maps” and updating the maps with the new USB drive fixed the issue completely? I ask cause I have the same error and I ordered the map updates. Just waiting for them to get here.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Process involved:

Tried this today, worked great. Hope it solves the issue completely.

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts

Process involved:

Man, could they not come up with a way to just download the files instead of charging $30 USD to ship a USB stick? It would also only take a minutes instead of days, or even weeks if you happen not to live on the US mainland. It would just be my luck that mine would get X-Rayed into oblivion coming into Canada.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts