Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states my wife went to use her nav a week ago and she got the above message. She clicked on the OK button and another message popped up stating that there were no maps available and navigation is not available. After that dialogue box goes away there is a map screen but it only has the local state hiway on it and no local streets are shown. The car icon moves as you drive.

First thing I did was check the uConnect site for updates and there were two, one for the radio and one for the nav system. I down loaded and successfully installed both but it didn't fix the issue.

I am guessing the map files got corrupted. We have been getting a periodic message when starting the car that the maps are out of date.

Question; Is installing the current map update going to fix this? Don't want to spend $150 on a map update for nothing.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had gone through that thread before posting. There was one post that sounded like my issue but there were no useful responses.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Have you checked with your dealer? it could be the bcm thinks you don't have access to nav. I would talk to your dealer before throwing money down on an update.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's just that it's a pain to get it to the dealer. The nav works just doesn't have access to the map data. Since I need a map update anyway I am willing to invest in it if I had some assurance that it would solve the issue.

·
Premium Member
6,330 Posts
It's just that it's a pain to get it to the dealer. The nav works just doesn't have access to the map data. Since I need a map update anyway I am willing to invest in it if I had some assurance that it would solve the issue.
There's no way to get that assurance without trying it. If the files just randomly got corrupted, you should be fine. However, if they were corrupted due to bad memory, a map update will probably fail and you will need a new Uconnect unit.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
The problem is nobody has had your exact problem and tried to fix it with an update. You need to see your dealer for the problem if a reboot of the car didn't fix it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Guess what? Now I have the same problem, apparently.

I hit the NAV button and it immediately comes up with "Can't Unlock Maps" and asks me to hit "OK". When I do, it says something like "Can't get detailed maps" and I get the NAV screen with no names of streets and such, though do get my directions and longitude/latitude readings.

So.....I guess the only way to get this fixed is still a trip to the dealer, eh?

I guess it's no biggie. I can always use my phone or my own Garmin. Still, since it's under warranty, I suppose a trip to the dealer isn't too cumbersome either. Do you know how long a fix typically takes there?

Thanks,

Joe C.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I updated my maps and all is well now.
I went from software CTP14 to CTP16 and have the latest maps from Garmin, I should be good for the next few years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are your latest maps the 2016 maps from the company HERE? Just asking because I also have CTP16, and I bought the new maps from Uconnect (North America 2016 (RB5)) and when I insert the usb drive it tells me the maps are an older version. This doesn't make much sense since my maps info in my car say OEM CN North America NT 2015.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay, so I have an issue...I brought my dodge dart GT 2015 to the dealership today to replace the radio system because the built in navigation system malfunctioned. Kept saying CAN'T UNLOCK MAPS. So the new one that I have right now has a new navigation BUT!...on my "Controls" section, it's missing the controls for my heated seats and heated steering wheel. And on the "Climate" section, the up & down climate control (arrow), when I touch it on the screen, it does not move AT ALL...any ideas? has anyone been through this before????? I'm taking it back to the dealership next Thursday April 20th. It would be nice to get your guys's thoughts. THANKS!

Here are two pictures I've attached...the first one should have my heated seats and heated steering wheel controls. But shows nothing. And the 2nd picture is what my climate control looks like now. Because before, I used to have two bars. One on the right and one on the left and I used to be able to "sync" them 17909542_10158639048005571_623731321_n.jpg
17918472_10158639043770571_1224451127_n.jpg

·
Registered
728 Posts
Okay, so I have an issue...I brought my dodge dart GT 2015 to the dealership today to replace the radio system because the built in navigation system malfunctioned. Kept saying CAN'T UNLOCK MAPS. So the new one that I have right now has a new navigation BUT!...on my "Controls" section, it's missing the controls for my heated seats and heated steering wheel. And on the "Climate" section, the up & down climate control (arrow), when I touch it on the screen, it does not move AT ALL...any ideas? has anyone been through this before????? I'm taking it back to the dealership next Thursday April 20th. It would be nice to get your guys's thoughts. THANKS!

Here are two pictures I've attached...the first one should have my heated seats and heated steering wheel controls. But shows nothing. And the 2nd picture is what my climate control looks like now. Because before, I used to have two bars. One on the right and one on the left and I used to be able to "sync" them View attachment 91641
View attachment 91649
go back to them they didn't put the right uconnest system, it shouldnt be long too do since it is only software.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Anch, are you positively sure? has this happened to you or you just know?
I had my radio changed once and I was there when he put the software in it, he had like 4 softwares types and was even asking which one I'm supposed too have... Maybe they really didn't get the correct radio but that would be dumb

·
Premium Member
6,330 Posts
Anch, are you positively sure? has this happened to you or you just know?
That looks like the interface of the older Uconnect 8.4 software that was still used in some of the early Darts built in 2012. In the newer software versions, the "More" plus icon is replaced by a "Settings" wrench icon. I believe it also improves the way the maps are displayed. Applying the latest software update from Uconnect should "fix" that (though it's technically not broken), however the loss of some controls suggests that the dealership failed to reactivate sales codes or do a proxy alignment after installing the new Uconnect unit. You car doesn't "know" about some of the features it has available. Unless you have the AlfaOBD software and a suitable OBD2 adapter to do fix this yourself, I suggest you go back to the dealer and have them reload those features (you could ask them to update the Uconnect software for you while they're at it).

·
Registered
26 Posts
It appears to me that they did not perform a proxi alignment after replacing the radio. Things like heated seats, amplifiers, blind spot monitoring can be affected by not aligning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That looks like the interface of the older Uconnect 8.4 software that was still used in some of the early Darts built in 2012. In the newer software versions, the "More" plus icon is replaced by a "Settings" wrench icon. I believe it also improves the way the maps are displayed. Applying the latest software update from Uconnect should "fix" that (though it's technically not broken), however the loss of some controls suggests that the dealership failed to reactivate sales codes or do a proxy alignment after installing the new Uconnect unit. You car doesn't "know" about some of the features it has available. Unless you have the AlfaOBD software and a suitable OBD2 adapter to do fix this yourself, I suggest you go back to the dealer and have them reload those features (you could ask them to update the Uconnect software for you while they're at it).
Hmm...thanks for your input. I appreciate it. It's funny you mentioned "proxy alignment" because now my odometer is flashing/blinking. That's actually another thing that's making me wonder...

It appears to me that they did not perform a proxi alignment after replacing the radio. Things like heated seats, amplifiers, blind spot monitoring can be affected by not aligning.
...And now my odometer is flashing/blinking

I had my radio changed once and I was there when he put the software in it, he had like 4 softwares types and was even asking which one I'm supposed too have... Maybe they really didn't get the correct radio but that would be dumb
oh wow...that's weird. I guess they must've forgot to update the software! and also, now my odometer is flashing/blinking...could that have anything to do with the new radio installed and the software not properly updated? by the way, thanks for your input :)

·
Premium Member
6,330 Posts
Hmm...thanks for your input. I appreciate it. It's funny you mentioned "proxy alignment" because now my odometer is flashing/blinking. That's actually another thing that's making me wonder...

...And now my odometer is flashing/blinking

oh wow...that's weird. I guess they must've forgot to update the software! and also, now my odometer is flashing/blinking...could that have anything to do with the new radio installed and the software not properly updated? by the way, thanks for your input :)
You 100% definitely need a proxy alignment if the odometer is flashing. Your dealer isn't big on following procedures, apparently.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I second what @jsblanch has stated. It is exactly what happened.
I've just installed heated seats into my aero, and had to reconfigure the radio to know they exist, along with the proxy alignment to let all the car's computers know what's going on.
you need the uconnect updates, sales codes added, and proxy alignment. the radio itself is fine. I hate dealerships though, which is why i chose to get alfaobd and do it myself.
it should take less than an hour for everything to be added to the radio including update.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts