Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I recently used my dodge dart sxt 2.0 2013 overnight without an issue, after turning it on this morning in order to go to work, when shifting to D, the red indicator on the PRND shifter does not mark D as Red and stays without the shift.
It does mark the shift To reverse, Park and Neutral and it can even go reverse but it just can't go to Drive.

I thought the transmission was done for but I get no notification from the car itself that the transmission is bad.
Before thinking on buying a new transmission i wanted to know if anyone had a similar issue and identified if the issue was the TCM or a bad transmission cable bushing.
Also wanted to mention that the night before the incident I did notice the car's prnd indicators all turned Red at the same time. And a couple of days prior to that there was a whirring sound coming from the car, a Sound similar to an RC Toy car.

I had a similar issue about 6 months ago where the car did not shift to any gear in prnd and had to change the shift cable.

· Administrator
6,309 Posts
Have a helper shift while holding the brake while you look under the hood.

Reactions: Deniedcrane

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a helper shift while holding the brake while you look under the hood.
Hi! Just got back from work, I couldn't get a helper but did testings myself, started the car on N and manually changed the gear to D under the hood. After that I noticed that the shift indicator indeed changed it to drive, after a while I noticed that if I changed it from N to D a bit harder it does shift, but if I gently change it (as it is supposed to be) the gear would not change from N to D even though the shift is set up on D.

· Administrator
6,309 Posts
Have you had the cable bushing recall done?

· Administrator
6,309 Posts
It could be the transmission range sensor. Have you checked for codes?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts