Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm trying to replace the low beam fuse(left) for a dodge dart SXT 2014 but cannot, for the love of god, find the BCM.

I've looked on google with no good results.

I replaced the low beam bulb on the driver side and still won't turn on so I'm assuming it's a fuse issue

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Headlamp fuses are on the BCM, not the PDC under the hood. The BCM is on the firewall under the drivers side dash.
BCM.jpg

BCM-C7c.jpg

exteriorlightingschematic.jpg

DartBCMpic.jpg

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
It's not located on the diagram on the box
Sorry, my mistake. I was reading the information from the owners manual and the picture right next to the list of fuses does not correlate.

As @alpinegreenneon stated, it is inside the car. Were you able to locate it now?

First it shows "Interior fuses". Then you scroll further and it shows the picture of the under hood fuses, this is why I was mistaken. Only when you scroll further does it says BCM fuses. In my opinion that is a poor layout for the operators manual.
d1.JPG

d2.JPG

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I believe the fuses on the BCM are only for Darts with the HID headlights. If you don't have HID headlights, look for corrosion in the socket especially if the access panel in the wheel well was missing. Do you have a multimeter? Use the schematic to see where you lose voltage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There was some corrosion in the socket. I cleaned it and put the bulbed back into the socket and still no good. I'm going to get multimeter tomorrow and see any voltage is going throw the socket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I took out the left bulb and tried it on the passenger side and everything works. The driver side socket is orange and look kind of burnt out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts