Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

First time posting! I just bought a 2014 dart SXT Rallye! I got it with a rebuilt title because of some hail damage that the previous owner's insurance was not worth fixing. Not to bad of condition on the outside though; just some minor dings and a cracked driverside mirror.

The one problem that I noticed was the cupholder in the console was missing the trim. I attached a .jpg below. The part is #13 (all the other parts like 10, 11, and 12 are there though).
Does anyone know where to find a replacement? I've checked multiple Mopar parts websites and scoured through eBay for hours. Still no luck. I am contemplating making a CAD design of it and 3d printing it myself but that would be quite a few hours of CAD work that I would rather not do. Anyway, if you can help me out that would be greatly appreciated! I'm excited to be apart of the forum.
i2302611.jpg

·
Registered
797 Posts
Do you have a picture of what's actually missing on your car? Hard to tell what the part is supposed to be from the diagram

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a picture of what's actually missing on your car? Hard to tell what the part is supposed to be from the diagram
If you were to look at the center console, there is a definite change in plastic going from the main console to the cupholders. It is the plastic trim that surrounds the holders and makes everything look pretty. Similar to the trim that goes around the shifter. I do not have a picture of it right now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Is the trim the one that lights up. I have a 13 Rallye that has the light stye trim. You might start hitting the junk yards.

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
Is the trim the one that lights up. I have a 13 Rallye that has the light stye trim. You might start hitting the junk yards.
The 14s stopped using the light up part, and now it's just black plastic. Looking further into this, it actually is not the cup holder. #13 is separate from that part, which I can find the cup holder no problem. I even found this site to show all the parts and it EVERY PART except #13 lmao https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/par...interior-trim-floor-console-front.html?PNC=10

@schmittycity was not kidding when he said he was struggling. Seems like this part does not exist. So yeah, Junk yard might be the best bet... even if they don't have the part, they should at least show the listing of the part number so you can find it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 14s stopped using the light up part, and now it's just black plastic. Looking further into this, it actually is not the cup holder. #13 is separate from that part, which I can find the cup holder no problem. I even found this site to show all the parts and it EVERY PART except #13 lmao https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/par...interior-trim-floor-console-front.html?PNC=10

@schmittycity was not kidding when he said he was struggling. Seems like this part does not exist. So yeah, Junk yard might be the best bet... even if they don't have the part, they should at least show the listing of the part number so you can find it
I really was not kidding lol. Cup holders are easy to find but #13 doesn't exist. It's like it never happened. I'm going to probably just CAD one up and 3D print it in all honesty. I'll post the CAD file once I get it done. I may even be able to print some out in unique colors and send them out to people on this forum if they need one...

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
I really was not kidding lol. Cup holders are easy to find but #13 doesn't exist. It's like it never happened. I'm going to probably just CAD one up and 3D print it in all honesty. I'll post the CAD file once I get it done. I may even be able to print some out in unique colors and send them out to people on this forum if they need one...
That would honestly be sick! If the CAD comes out and is not a perfect fit and you're looking to get a better dimension of the actual part, I might be able to send you mine if that piece does come out easily. If I need to remove the whole center console to get it out, that's just such a hassle. lol I've done it before twice, and both times are just not fun. Not too hard, but I have enough little rattles in the car. Taking apart interior pieces and putting them back together seems to always end up in more new rattles. haha

If you could, send a picture of what yours looks like (without the piece) and that will give us an idea on how it comes out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That would honestly be sick! If the CAD comes out and is not a perfect fit and you're looking to get a better dimension of the actual part, I might be able to send you mine if that piece does come out easily. If I need to remove the whole center console to get it out, that's just such a hassle. lol I've done it before twice, and both times are just not fun. Not too hard, but I have enough little rattles in the car. Taking apart interior pieces and putting them back together seems to always end up in more new rattles. haha

If you could, send a picture of what yours looks like (without the piece) and that will give us an idea on how it comes out.
Sorry, these are a little grainy. I got them off of a used car dealer website because I couldn't get a good picture because water is in my phone's camera.
It looks as though it just snaps off with some force. There are small holes that you can see that are probably used for little retention tabs that snap in (like the battery cover of a tv remote type thing).

If I get a working part off my printer I'll post pics of it. It probably won't happen for at least a month because I don't have much time on the side to CAD. I like the idea of 3d printing it because I can add designs on it that aren't on the original and make it in different colors and translucent. I'm not sure how it would hold up during the summer in the heat though:unsure:

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
Sorry, these are a little grainy. I got them off of a used car dealer website because I couldn't get a good picture because water is in my phone's camera.
It looks as though it just snaps off with some force. There are small holes that you can see that are probably used for little retention tabs that snap in (like the battery cover of a tv remote type thing).

If I get a working part off my printer I'll post pics of it. It probably won't happen for at least a month because I don't have much time on the side to CAD. I like the idea of 3d printing it because I can add designs on it that aren't on the original and make it in different colors and translucent. I'm not sure how it would hold up during the summer in the heat though:unsure:
View attachment 125015 View attachment 125016
Ah yeah it does look like it snaps right in. I am sure it will be fine in the summer. If not, just print another one! lol

·
Registered
876 Posts
I replaced my non-lit with the lit version. Just checked the old box, and part 13 was NOT part of the deal. It was reused, otherwise I would have just given it to you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I saw one of those on Ebay for a long time, and it might still be there. It was a genuine Mopar part and had the number and so forth listed, along with a photo of it lit up I think. It might still be there, it is worth looking. I see Mopar stuff on ebay often, and sometimes I buy some of it. Ebay has been good for me in that sense, I don't have to drive fifty miles to get to a dealer, I can just purchase there and end up with the same part. Hopefully you can find it too.

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
I saw one of those on Ebay for a long time, and it might still be there. It was a genuine Mopar part and had the number and so forth listed, along with a photo of it lit up I think. It might still be there, it is worth looking. I see Mopar stuff on ebay often, and sometimes I buy some of it. Ebay has been good for me in that sense, I don't have to drive fifty miles to get to a dealer, I can just purchase there and end up with the same part. Hopefully you can find it too.
It's not the bottom part of the cup holder, the part that lights up. It's actually just the trim piece on the top and is separate from that piece. That's why it's so hard to find. Now what you might have seen was just the whole thing, however the trim piece doesn't go to the cup holder, it's actually to the center console. That is what it clips into so I wouldn't expect it to be with that part.

I too thought he was talking about the cup holder part, but indeed it's different and I was not able to find it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cupholder_2019-Nov-24_11-21-19PM-000_CustomizedView2367498755_png.png
I am currently in the process of printing a prototype. The laguna blue darts might like this color. Once I try the fit out and make adjustments I have to find a color that I like. I'm thinking of a color-changing one based on temperature, grey, or deep black. I'll update when I get it all sorted!

·
Registered
396 Posts
View attachment 125117 View attachment 125118 I am currently in the process of printing a prototype. The laguna blue darts might like this color. Once I try the fit out and make adjustments I have to find a color that I like. I'm thinking of a color-changing one based on temperature, grey, or deep black. I'll update when I get it all sorted!
I'm sorry to say didn't actually expect you to 3d print that little bit. It's bad ass as far as I'm concerned!!

You have a small noctua fan as well as a centrufugal fan on the print head. Being that I've never done it is such cooling required or just one of those things PC guys just do?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm sorry to say didn't actually expect you to 3d print that little bit. It's bad ass as far as I'm concerned!!

You have a small noctua fan as well as a centrufugal fan on the print head. Being that I've never done it is such cooling required or just one of those things PC guys just do?
The noctua cools down the the important metal bits that shouldn't get hot so that one is definitely necessary. The other fan forces air through the two air nozzles on the side of the printing nozzle to cool down the plastic after it's been layed down. Most printers have both of those but some people do like to mod them like PC guys and put a bunch of extra fans.

I made the design a little different than the stock piece. This one has larger curves that I'm hoping will help me put a cup in easier without looking down at the cupholder.

Also the printer nozzle gets up to 260 degrees Celsius so keeping everything cool that can't handle that is super important.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here I took mine out to try to clean around it and snapped them all. Just started trying to find one today only to find they're hard to find and there aren't any junkyards around here with darts sitting in them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts