Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If the alarm is activated the manual says press the unlock button on the key fob to disarm it, is that all you do ? If I could I would completely shut the entire security system off and never have an accidental activation like I had tonight and I'm still not sure how I disarmed the thing. I'll check with the dealership to see if it's possible to kill the system as I would rather take my chances with car theft than the pita so called security system . Anyone know if it's possible?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
You can disable and active alarm "break/warning" buy insterting the key fob into the key fob hole (if equipped). Thats if the alarm is triggered and your key fobs batteries are dead

·
Premium Member
6,259 Posts
Should we be telling people how to defeat the alarm? Hmmm.............
No, probably not, but I don't think you can completely disable the passive security system without pulling fuses or otherwise having "intimate" access to the car in any case. Even then, I'm not sure it's entirely possible, since it isn't made to be disabled.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
If the alarm is activated the manual says press the unlock button on the key fob to disarm it, is that all you do ? If I could I would completely shut the entire security system off and never have an accidental activation like I had tonight and I'm still not sure how I disarmed the thing. I'll check with the dealership to see if it's possible to kill the system as I would rather take my chances with car theft than the pita so called security system . Anyone know if it's possible?
You must be one hell of a gambler to be wanting to turn off the passive security in a vehicle and take your chances on not been broken into..

·
Premium Member
6,259 Posts
You must be one hell of a gambler to be wanting to turn off the passive security in a vehicle and take your chances on not been broken into..
Yes, especially considering it isn't exactly easy to accidentally set off. I've done so twice (in over 10 months), and both times was because I accidentally locked the doors using the fob while inside the car and then started the car or opened the door. It's easy enough to turn off if you do something stupid.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, especially considering it isn't exactly easy to accidentally set off. I've done so twice (in over 10 months), and both times was because I accidentally locked the doors using the fob while inside the car and then started the car or opened the door. It's easy enough to turn off if you do something stupid.
Yes , that's what I did, I saw the blinking red dash light and opened the door to see what it was. The dealer did not tell me I had an alarm so I was scrambling to figure out how to deal with it. 10 minutes must have annoyed the whole block late at night. Thanks

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
artyup,

I wouldn't even attempt to temporarily disable or even touch anything that would be related.
Not to mention the security factor and possible insurance ramifications...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Disconnect the horns? that's alot quieter.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
artyup,

I wouldn't even attempt to temporarily disable or even touch anything that would be related.
Not to mention the security factor and possible insurance ramifications...
After thinking about it I realized it was a bad idea, I will let the dealer sales dept. know what happened to maybe prevent another customer from having a panic attack. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
After thinking about it I realized it was a bad idea, I will let the dealer sales dept. know what happened to maybe prevent another customer from having a panic attack. Thanks for the reply.
artyup,

That would be very nice of you!
It will help another Dart owner avoid this too, might help keep some neighbors asleep at night as well :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts