Dodge Dart Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know before i got my handheld tuner for my challenger i was able to get the "P####" code by doing some key trick to display on the dash after a CEL came on. is there anything like that on the dart that i can do to show me why my light is on?

thanks.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. I ended up getting a BT adapter and the Torque app to see that data.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i know before i got my handheld tuner for my challenger i was able to get the "P####" code by doing some key trick to display on the dash after a CEL came on. is there anything like that on the dart that i can do to show me why my light is on?

thanks.
You can cycle the key on and off 3 times and leave it on. The Pcodes should show up in place of the odometer. If it just says PCODE and nothing shows up afterwords then you fixed the issue. To reset the check engine light just disconnect the battery.

Just look up any codes you see online.

YOU DO NOT NEED A TOOL

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
@Bohammer is correct in what he is saying, this is the way you can get your codes without a code reader... So, no, you don't need to go out and buy a code reader.

Furthermore I am adding this link from allpar to assist in spreading the knowledge:

Chrysler, Plymouth, and Dodge computer fault codes

@Bohammer, I have stuck this thread for the .org's convenience and moved it to the maintenance section since this is a proactive maintenance tool. Thank you for the heads up!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.