Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my Dart used from a car dealership. They stuck paper plates on when I left, but it also has metal plates on it already. Both plate numbers are different. Do I get new plates from the DMV with the paper plate numbers on them, or just stickers for the metal plates?

The dealership is proving to be unhelpful and vague about it.

·
Premium Member
2013 Dart Limited 1.4T 6-Speed
333 Posts
This varies by state, but I believe in California, the plate stays with the car, and you will just get new tabs for the plate. Someone from California correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
908 Posts
So I bought my Dart used from a car dealership. They stuck paper plates on when I left, but it also has metal plates on it already. Both plate numbers are different. Do I get new plates from the DMV with the paper plate numbers on them, or just stickers for the metal plates?

check the paper plate, should have the VIN number of the car on it as well. If it does and matches the registration they printed I'd just keep the paper plates. But you should receive new plates in the mail in 90 days.

·
Registered
888 Posts

Ask the DMV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts