Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't know if my 13 dart has a cabin air filter, if it does, where is it? how often do you change the thing ? and how much of the car you got to tear apart to get to it? something tells me it"s behind the glove box, but I "m not shure. any info would be nice thanks.:smile::question:

·
Registered
662 Posts
don't know if my 13 dart has a cabin air filter, if it does, where is it? how often do you change the thing ? and how much of the car you got to tear apart to get to it? something tells me it"s behind the glove box, but I "m not shure. any info would be nice thanks.:smile::question:
I believe forward of the centre console accessed from the passenger side by the feet Hope it helps. Todd

Sent from my iPhone from the Great White North

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
I purchased the FRAM # CF10374 "Fresh Breeze" Cabin Air Filter for $15.97 + tax (via Amazon Prime).

Only took me about ten minutes (including vacuuming up debris & taking some iPhone snapshots) to install:

Cartoon Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle

image from page 535 of the 2013 Dodge Dart Owner's Manual (4th Edition)

Text Cartoon Line Font Hand

image from page 536 of the 2013 Dodge Dart Owner's Manual (4th Edition)

Technology Electronic device Tire Auto part

Passenger Side Access Panel removed

Vehicle Tire Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Automotive exterior

The Original Cabin Air Filter (MOPAR part # 68164981AA ) ... with leaves, etc.

Comparison of the dirty & the new Cabin Air Filters

Technology Vehicle

New Cabin Air Filter (FRAM # CF10374) installed

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Haha, yeah I figured that out when I saw there were no bolts. I always get nervous just pulling on something to remove it.

Took me forever to get the filter cover back into place, I just couldn't get the little tab on top to slot in properly. Probably spent 5 minutes straight just on that.
Lucky you..the upper tab took me like 10 min seriously almost gave up. Haha. It was so cramped and i was laying on my back and i couldnt see anything. Haha

·
Banned
2,521 Posts
I just changed mine with a FRAM Fresh Breeze...this isn't exactly the most easy thing to do. My Caliber was so much easier to change. It was behind the glovebox which was very easily removable. Glad I don't have to change it all the time. Plan on doing mine about every 6 months.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am moments away from replacing my filter, and in the same boat as xxwolfyxx... 2 years 5 months and just about 36k miles... I wonder how gross it's gonna be in there. Lol. I hate that the stupid little instruction manual fram includes is not even close to what you need to do... so glad I looked it up on the forums before attempting.

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
The instructions posted by 57chryslerdart are very good. Only thing I would add is, after you pull the access panel off there is a screw with a SMALL head that you need to remove to get to the filter. None of my sockets where that small. I used a 7/32 open end wrench to remove it. :wink:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Just ordered my new cabin filter. My car smelt like piss, I thought one of my passengers relieved themselves lol. Turned out to be the filter

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.