Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
@Myfurf61 what year/model is your Dart? Your OEM links alignment are different then mine. Maybe an aftermarket Rear sway bar can help.
I also have the Progress rear sway bar. I just took some photos of mine for Mike at BWP. And, I can say that there must be a right way and a wrong way to install this sway bar. I compared my photo with the one you posted and I can see that the ends on my sway bar pitch out at the top while yours pitch out at the bottom. So I suppose I need to flip my sway bar around the other way.
DSCN1116.JPG ; mine
rearinstall.jpg ; yours

Mine is a 2013 Rallye, early build. August, 2012.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Okay, I swapped out the sway bar so that the end pitch is flared out at the bottom now. Got the B Woody end links installed and at the firm setting on the sway bar. No problems this time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mines a 2013 Rallye as well never chk the build date but I bought in Feb. Hopefully flipping the sway bar can help. I have tried both settings on the bar and I like the stiffer setup.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Here are the photos of my install now. Yes there is a correct and an incorrect way to install the Progress sway bar, so I found out the hard way. But it still looks like the upper end on the links could use just a little tweak for a better fit.

DSCN1125.JPG ; DSCN1126.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
Here are the photos of my install now. Yes there is a correct and an incorrect way to install the Progress sway bar, so I found out the hard way. But it still looks like the upper end on the links could use just a little tweak for a better fit.

View attachment 47616 ; View attachment 47617
They probably were designed with OEM bar. good to know they are good to use on the progress bar though.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
They probably were designed with OEM bar. good to know they are good to use on the progress bar though
It should be the exact same shape with just a larger diameter tube. At least it should be if it's to work properly.:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had to remove my progress rear bar/bwoody end link setup before winter was over and haven't put them back on yet. The issue was squeaking over bumps. I took them off to diagnose the bar/links versus the shocks which I was afraid were needing replacement. Clearly it was the joints where the end links connect to the bar which make the sound when I manually pivot the links still connected to the bar. My question is can I, should I lubricate the endlink bushings before putting them back on? And I was considering whether to try to add Zerk fittings onto them for easier lubrication later as well. Has anyone had experience with this? @[email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
The links came pre lubed, and they are marketed as 'rebuild-able'. I noticed that had what appared to be copper antiseze in them.

Are you sure the sound is not also coming from the bar and the mount as that's rubber on metal and can squeak if not lubricated.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts