Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,445 Posts
I know dupi-color has a kit to make your own color. Cost like $100.

i want to know who to go with, dupli-color (if so what kit) or G2..

·
Registered
567 Posts

Not trying to sound cheap, but I simply used Red Rustoleum Caliper Paint from AutoZone and Rustoleum Clear Coat. Cost me around $20 for both and it looks great. Also hasn't faded,chipped and etc....after 3 months so far. The caliper paint and clear coat are rated at 900 degrees.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not trying to sound cheap, but I simply used Red Rustoleum Caliper Paint from AutoZone and Rustoleum Clear Coat. Cost me around $20 for both and it looks great. Also hasn't faded,chipped and etc....after 3 months so far. The caliper paint and clear coat are rated at 900 degrees.
Any chips yet? So far every dart I have seen with painted callipers have chipped.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
How did you prepare the surface? did you clean it and scuff it? its all about the preparation. @viperman96 has any of your caliper paint chipped?
I only have one small chip on my orange Dart. I'm sure it's from a rock or some kind of debris getting kicked up. And as you stated, it's all in the prep work, just as with any paint project. I'm actually going to be sanding and re-painting my calipers soon. The chip is right on the face and in plain site, of course. I might actually be switching colors too. Possibly to gold.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

g2 was the first red i went with, it looked like crap. I switched to the dupli red, the next year, and it looked far better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts