Dodge Dart Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
The Charger/Challenger gas pedal just snaps on. It's the brake pedal that is a PITA (it's really not that hard).
From what my friend said the pedals do come out. I found this that shows the install of the jeep pedals

https://mopar.chromedata.com/RichContent/CDJR/K6862281.pdf

I wasn't sure if ours came out (clutch and brake) like these do.

I ASKED him if he knew. He went and just tried and said he can't get them back on now :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
After him sending me pics, it looks like the brake pedal has the hole for the pedal (look at my install link above) but the clutch is just the metal plate and does not. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

it looks like they screwed us and I don't think any kits will work for the "manual" at least. Maybe with some modifications but in the instructions is shows that the brake and clutch are the same but as you can see the dart's are not.

Tire Road surface Automotive tire Road Auto part

Auto part Automobile pedal

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So here it is, part #82214192 installed in my 14 GT.

Automobile pedal Vehicle Auto part Car Trunk

Install was pretty simple. The gas pedal just slipped over the existing pedal and snapped in place. The brake took a little more work. You have to take the old pad off, slide the new one on and pull these rubber nubs through the holes in the metal in order to snug them tight. Took a bit of soap and some hard pulling through the back with pliers but it was pretty easy.

It doesn't look like the pictures going around on the web but it's still nice. Thanks to everyone that helped me on this quest. @Cntrollerfanboy for the part# and @AllMoparParts.com for the sale. The search is over.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts

View attachment 57534

Install was pretty simple. The gas pedal just slipped over the existing pedal and snapped in place. The brake took a little more work. You have to take the old pad off, slide the new one on and pull these rubber nubs through the holes in the metal in order to snug them tight. Took a bit of soap and some hard pulling through the back with pliers but it was pretty easy.

It doesn't look like the pictures going around on the web but it's still nice. Thanks to everyone that helped me on this quest. @Cntrollerfanboy for the part# and @AllMoparParts.com for the sale. The search is over.
I hate those nubs... mine broke off about 50% :p I pulled too hard and too much. The rubber stretched too much and just ripped off. My problem was first time i installed it, i did it wrong. Probably why it was so hard :disappointed:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

View attachment 57534

@ThEoRy @Cntrollerfanboy I purchased the pedals and surprisingly the gas pedal is giving me a lot of trouble. I have a 14 Rallye and I can get the gas pedal to line up perfectly but I can't get it to snap into place. On the instructions it says to line up tab 1 first which looks as if its the double flexible tabs (left side in my picture) however I can't get it to snap in. I tried aligning the smaller tabs first (right side of the pic) and the pedal lines up but then I can't get it to clip in. Any tips? My car is looking silly with just the brake pedal on

Technology Electronic device Vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
@ThEoRy @Cntrollerfanboy I purchased the pedals and surprisingly the gas pedal is giving me a lot of trouble. I have a 14 Rallye and I can get the gas pedal to line up perfectly but I can't get it to snap into place. On the instructions it says to line up tab 1 first which looks as if its the double flexible tabs (left side in my picture) however I can't get it to snap in. I tried aligning the smaller tabs first (right side of the pic) and the pedal lines up but then I can't get it to clip in. Any tips? My car is looking silly with just the brake pedal on

View attachment 90561 View attachment 90569
Interesting because in the instructions picture it actually shows the gas pedal from the early 2013 models. This is actually different than all of the other ones. However I have this pedal kit for my 15, and it did fit on. I kind of broke the tabs during install, but it stayed on and works. Might just take a lot of force to get it to clip in. Because I recall it needing a lot of force, which is how i broke the tabs on one side.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
@Cntrollerfanboy I'll try it again. I swear for a car that only had 4 MY the dart has had so many changes for their pedals/pedal kits

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Well I got the gas pedal on. Snapped the bottom clip in the process but it's on snug so I guess that's a win

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Dart GT
1,465 Posts
I purchased Genuine Mopar Pedal Kit Manual Part Number: 82214197 from Benny at AllMoparParts.com. Since I knew I was going to be on Long Island for an Islanders game at NVMC (only a town away from AllMoparParts brick and mortar) I picked up the package locally. Benny was of great assistance and the package was right next to the window ready for me when I picked it up. A great experience dealing with them.

Okay, on to the install. Brake and clutch pedal went pretty easy. Directions say to use soapy water to assist, but I used just straight dish soap. OEM Brake and clutch pedals came off easily by hand. Brake pedal also went on easy, just took a few tries to align rubber "knub" properly and pull through. Clutch pedal was simple as well, slipped through the bottom slot and worked the edges on towards the top.

Now, the gas pedal was a completely different story. As posted by others, this just did not want to go on. It almost seems like the top edge towards the passenger side is a bit to big on the OEM pedal. Also, the snap in tabs on the passenger side are a touch out of position. Could not get the snap in tabs to grab. I made sure that the pedal on the "slip in" side was all the way in by tapping with a rubber mallet towards the passenger side. Still did not want to snap in.

I then applied a lot of force by squeezing with my hands. I finally heard it snap in and it was rock solid. Pulled on the pedal cover to see if it would come off and it is on there really good. I then noticed three of the four snap in tabs were sitting on my floor mat. I then tried a few more times to pull off the pedal cover, but it is there to stay unless I break out some tools and really want to remove the thing.

Auto part Automobile pedal Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior

Automobile pedal Auto part Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Automobile pedal Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

Auto part Automobile pedal Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Automobile pedal Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior Floor

Auto part Automobile pedal Vehicle Car Engine

Automobile pedal Auto part Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Automobile pedal Auto part Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

Reactions: alpinegreenneon

·
Registered
117 Posts
I purchased Genuine Mopar Pedal Kit Manual Part Number: 82214197 from Benny at AllMoparParts.com. Since I knew I was going to be on Long Island for an Islanders game at NVMC (only a town away from AllMoparParts brick and mortar) I picked up the package locally. Benny was of great assistance and the package was right next to the window ready for me when I picked it up. A great experience dealing with them.

Okay, on to the install. Brake and clutch pedal went pretty easy. Directions say to use soapy water to assist, but I used just straight dish soap. OEM Brake and clutch pedals came off easily by hand. Brake pedal also went on easy, just took a few tries to align rubber "knub" properly and pull through. Clutch pedal was simple as well, slipped through the bottom slot and worked the edges on towards the top.

Now, the gas pedal was a completely different story. As posted by others, this just did not want to go on. It almost seems like the top edge towards the passenger side is a bit to big on the OEM pedal. Also, the snap in tabs on the passenger side are a touch out of position. Could not get the snap in tabs to grab. I made sure that the pedal on the "slip in" side was all the way in by tapping with a rubber mallet towards the passenger side. Still did not want to snap in.

I then applied a lot of force by squeezing with my hands. I finally heard it snap in and it was rock solid. Pulled on the pedal cover to see if it would come off and it is on there really good. I then noticed three of the four snap in tabs were sitting on my floor mat. I then tried a few more times to pull off the pedal cover, but it is there to stay unless I break out some tools and really want to remove the thing.
So, I finally got around to installing the Bright Pedal kit that I had ordered a year ago.

A bit of a struggle with the brake and clutch pedals. Soap and a thin standard screwdriver head helped.
White Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Light

Not crazy that they don't seemed to be aligned (I'm a Virgo), but who is going to notice but me?

When I got to the accelerator pedal (3rd in the instructions) it did not go so well.
The profile did not match my pedal. Tried to figure it out......
It was then that I learned that early 2013 models (bought mine 11/12) had a different pedal.
So I ordered these yesterday off of eBay :
Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber Font Automotive exterior Auto part

The description was very specific about model year compatibility.
The accelerator pedal is much more curved than the one I had purchased.

But now, THEY DON'T MATCH! (did I mention that I was a Virgo?)

So I will likely go through the same process on the clutch and brake pedals AFTER I am sure that the accelerator pedal fits.

Attachments

21 - 33 of 33 Posts