Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anyone have a clue? I've been looking and yes I searched the forum. Best I came up with is a part number that yields little results. This is for an automatic and I'd love the dead pedal too. Any help or alternatives would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Anyone have a clue? I've been looking and yes I searched the forum. Best I came up with is a part number that yields little results. This is for an automatic and I'd love the dead pedal too. Any help or alternatives would be appreciated.
only guess I can think of are kits for for fiats, but I think those are a little different. I have been looking and waiting for a long time for this but have not come across anything for the dart. they did release pics of the Jeep Renegade getting the bright pedal kit and they should have the exact same set up as us (same engines and trans and i think the pedals are the same too). So that might be our ticket in. Who knows. Mopar likes to shaft the dart owners it seems.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
@ThEoRy check out or look into the following:

Chrome Pedal Kit - 82212138

Also, please in the future watch your language on the forums, this is a family show... :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ThEoRy check out or look into the following:

Also, please in the future watch your language on the forums, this is a family show... :)
That's for a RAM though. The number I found while searching the site was 82213108AB but only a few sites have it listed and they don't seem to be a stocked item.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
That's for a RAM though. The number I found while searching the site was 82213108AB but only a few sites have it listed and they don't seem to be a stocked item.
No, you are mistaken as it is not just for the Ram as these fit multiple applications across the CDJR family. To find what you are looking for, you have to dig and not just accept face value.

Text Font Line Parallel Pattern

credit: Pedal Kit. Interior Appearance for DODGE Dart (2007 - 2015). #82212138

Text Blue Font Line Number

credit: Pedal Kit. Install Time 0.2 hrs. Interior Appearance made by Mopar. #82212138

you can also check eBay as they always have them available... here.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, you are mistaken as it is not just for the Ram as these fit multiple applications across the CDJR family. To find what you are looking for, you have to dig and not just accept face value.

View attachment 53745
credit: Pedal Kit. Interior Appearance for DODGE Dart (2007 - 2015). #82212138

View attachment 53746
credit: Pedal Kit. Install Time 0.2 hrs. Interior Appearance made by Mopar. #82212138

you can also check eBay as they always have them available... here.
Do you have first hand knowledge of their proper fitment or are you just taking things at face value as well? I'd hate to drop $80 something dollars only to have to return them.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
Do you have first hand knowledge of their proper fitment or are you just taking things at face value as well? I'd hate to drop $80 something dollars only to have to return them.
I have researched these extensively (everything but purchase them) as I have an automatic transmission. If you think I take anything (and I mean anything) as face value, you are sorely mistaken. All of the data and information you are looking for is out there for you to research the same that I do. The pedals of the Dart are the same as the Patriot which are the same as the Compass, which are the same as the Ram... so on and so forth which you can tell via google pictures. I've done all of the research for you in the last 30 minutes, other than take your wallet out and pay for them for you. :)

If you are looking for instructions, they are here: http://www.allmoparparts.com/docs/82212138.pdf

·
Registered
221 Posts
No instructions needed. I've already done a more complicated pedal install on my Charger. Lots of uncomfortable drilling was required. I'll report back later.

Reactions: youngsmith53

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Checking back in to say that

is not the correct part # for our Dodge Dart pedals. It's way off, not even close. I ordered the part number in question, they sent me the correct item according to the part number as it's stamped right on the back of the pedal. It's just way too big and shaped triangularly.

So there ya go. Do not order these as they were made for a RAM truck, not a Dodge Dart.

Reactions: Cntrollerfanboy

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
These pics of Dart "Bright Pedal Kits" first appeared in 2013 Dodge Dart press releases, sales literature, & MOPAR brochures:

Automobile pedal Personal protective equipment Sports gear Finger Leg

At the '13 North American International Auto Show, the "DART: MORE THAN 150 MOPAR ACCESSORIES ..." display case included a similar (but VERY different) "Pedal Kit" for Automatic Transmission equipped Darts:

Product Machine Automotive wheel system Wheel Engineering
Circuit component Circuit prototyping Technology Electronic device Electronics

... and this "Pedal Kit" was supposedly installed on MOPAR Design's "CARBON FIRE" Dart show car ... with a pre-production MOPAR part # of 82213108:

Text Font Electric blue

The current revision of that MOPAR part is 82223108AC ... and appears to be readily available.

That stated, I cannot confirm that this revision of the "Bright Pedal Kit" for Automatic Transmission (DDCT or Powertech) equipped Darts was ever actually produced ... It wouldn't be the first time that MOPAR has failed to support the Dart community :(

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
Checking back in to say that

is not the correct part # for our Dodge Dart pedals. It's way off, not even close. I ordered the part number in question, they sent me the correct item according to the part number as it's stamped right on the back of the pedal. It's just way too big and shaped triangularly.

So there ya go. Do not order these as they were made for a RAM truck, not a Dodge Dart.
Could you take pictures of how off they were with the kit? I've even reached out to vendors and checked online as well as the "schematics" and they are all showing that they are compatible. Any additional information to help the community would be beneficial in situations like these. Much obliged.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The gas pedal is much more narrow and is a simple rectangle shape compared to the larger triangular shaped overlay.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
The gas pedal is much more narrow and is a simple rectangle shape compared to the larger triangular shaped overlay.
This is true. Looking at his picks I already know that the dart pedal is more of a rectangle and that top portion looks too big. BUT is it possible that you slide bottom of the pedal in and then it fits in there even though it's bigger? Maybe it's redesigned to be easier to put on because I heard the charger and challenger ones are a PITA!!!!! Just a thought. I'm sure you already tried.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
This MIGHT be a better fit. Like i said in my first post on here the renegade might be the same. So what do you think about these?

http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Renegade-Stainless-Steel-Pedal/dp/B00WMQ6X8S

Games Automobile pedal Dice Auto part Recreation

EDIT: Looking at the dart gas pedal it seems to have the same rectangular shape to it. but also has a slight obtuse angle looking thing on the left side. This is only from an old pic i had not a good angle. I will look better when i'm out of work.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
This is true. Looking at his picks I already know that the dart pedal is more of a rectangle and that top portion looks too big. BUT is it possible that you slide bottom of the pedal in and then it fits in there even though it's bigger? Maybe it's redesigned to be easier to put on because I heard the charger and challenger ones are a PITA!!!!! Just a thought. I'm sure you already tried.
The Charger/Challenger gas pedal just snaps on. It's the brake pedal that is a PITA (it's really not that hard).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts