Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As we know Dart was designed on CUSW platform which is used FIAT and Alfa parts. And one of the components is brake system. Alfa Romeo Giulietta line offers owners upgrade brake system to 330 mm front discs with Brembo calipers. It's option 4SU for all models except QV which has that brakes as standard.

So, I did small research by TecDOC. Dart has interchangeable with Giulietta 305 mm front discs, paddles and calipers. Next step was a measuring. I measured the knuckles of the Dart and asked my friends in Europe to measure the knuckles of Giulietta 1.4 Turbo and QV. The knuckles are the same!

So, it means that to upgrade Dart brake system I need to buy:

330 mm front discs
Brembo calipers with brackets
Paddles

The main question is a price :) The calipers only we can buy for 250-550 euro. The full set costs 700 Euro. Need to wait for cheaper price :)
105128d1376330853-swap_brembo_z_giulietty-3443890799.jpg

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Good to know. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wonder if can get one if our vendors to source these. Something worth looking into. Very nice!

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Actually for $900 for calipers,rotors,pads that's a pretty good deal.

Reactions: LuckyJayRRM

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
@max_pershin,

You might have to get some measurements off of the hub also. I believe the Giulietta has a 70mm hub. You might have to get new hubs also if the bolt pattern is the same for mounting.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I checked all measurements between Dart and Giulietta, they are equal. The hubs are equal!

Last week I bought Giulietta's Brembo calipers, 330 mm brake rotors, hoses and Brembo pads. The price was 500 euro (about 675 dollars). Now I'm waiting for the shipment (150 euro = 205 dollars).

Asked Magneti Marelli Elaborazioni 1919 representatives about tuning parts (springs, wheel discs and exhaust) for Dart. I've known already that MM 1919 designed springs for heavy Giulietta versions (QV and 2.0 MJet) and had a hope :)

The answer:
Hello Max, for the MR900B they have this specs: 7,5x18 ET41 PCD 5x110. They are ok for Dodge Dart. MM900_30 isn' t ok because dart have bigger weight and the SS900T is not ok because Giulietta have a different exhaust line (shortest on the finals). Regards

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Awesome, keep us updated. Hope they work out.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Can I just buy the red calipers because I'm too lazy to paint mine ?

Or is this is all sold as a kit and only works together in a kit with pads, rotors, etc?

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,441 Posts
Brembo needs to kick it in the a** and get us a big brake kit... I might just email them and see what they say
I already did this months ago. They need 10 people to sign up and put down a half payment (like $1600), and someone nearby to get lines fitted for testing. There is no one on here that is going to pay that, let alone 10. Better off going with the woodward kits from DRP.

When the SRT dart comes out, it will most likely have Brembo's on it, which means they will be available for the regular dart (provided the assemblies stay the same, which they should)

·
Registered
601 Posts
have you guys tried the stop tech stuff? i know a caliper upgrade would still be nice but stoptech stuff is bomb

·
Registered
8,058 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Max, where did you source the calipers and pads? I want to do this but am having a difficult time getting new. Really would like your assistance. I want to make this upgrade on my Dart gt. digger91.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts