Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just looking for a little pointer/tip.
I am trying to replace the brake pads and rotors on my 2013 Dart Rallye. I have gotten the tire off, the brake caliber off and I am able to remove the brake pads from the brake pad bracket. There is also a set screw for the rotor that I have removed. I see that I have to remove the bracket that holds the pads and it looks like I need a torx socket, which I have never seen. I am able to put a regular 15 mm socket on it but I don't want to mess it up. Does anyone know if they make torx sockets? If so, what size am I looking for, 15 mm??? Also, does anyone know if it is a reverse thread or regular thread because I don't want to try to remove it the wrong way.
Once I get these 2 torx bolts out it should be a breeze.
Thanks for any input/help,
Mark

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Hello,
I am trying to replace the brake pads and rotors on my 2013 Dart Rallye. I have gotten the tire off, the brake caliber off and I am able to remove the brake pads from the brake pad bracket. There is also a set screw for the rotor that I have removed. I see that I have to remove the bracket that holds the pads and it looks like I need a torx socket, which I have never seen. I am able to put a regular 15 mm socket on it but I don't want to mess it up. Does anyone know if they make torx sockets? If so, what size am I looking for, 15 mm??? Also, does anyone know if it is a reverse thread or regular thread because I don't want to try to remove it the wrong way.
Mark
Check out page 3 of my build thread. I've replaced the rotors/pads on both of my Darts. All the tools needed to do the job are listed there. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Reactions: Pretty Boy Floyd

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
it was on page 6 but here you go:
It starts on page 3, but thanks. It's hard to keep track after 2 years,lol.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Torx bits like that are pretty standard for brakes on most any cars these days. If you get a good set of them you could probably do most brake jobs on any car.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Torx bits like that are pretty standard for brakes on most any cars these days. If you get a good set of them you could probably do most brake jobs on any car.
Unfortunately nothing is standard on the Dart. The front and rears have 2 different bolt patterns/styles for the caliper brackets. Torx and allen heads.

Reactions: Gregg

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
NEW TOOL TIME!!!! need a quality set of allen drivers.
Just like any real red blooded American already owns,lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Unfortunately nothing is standard on the Dart. The front and rears have 2 different bolt patterns/styles for the caliper brackets. Torx and allen heads.
Yeah that's a good point. I still my remember how surprised I was when I found out they have lug bolts and not nuts.

Reactions: viperman96

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree about the lug bolts and not lug nuts. Had to have a tire repaired and got surprised when I saw the bolts instead nuts.
As for my brake situation, thank you Viperman96. That is a big help. I had it all apart until I got to the torx socket, which I don't have at the moment. Had to put everything back. I did try a 15 mm 12 point socket but they didn't budge. I will be picking up a torx set this week.
Thanks again

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I agree about the lug bolts and not lug nuts. Had to have a tire repaired and got surprised when I saw the bolts instead nuts.
As for my brake situation, thank you Viperman96. That is a big help. I had it all apart until I got to the torx socket, which I don't have at the moment. Had to put everything back. I did try a 15 mm 12 point socket but they didn't budge. I will be picking up a torx set this week.
Thanks again
Not a problem.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
Mark
You need the E-20 cost is about $13.00 at NAPA,,, 4 of these type bolts breaker bar tor remove 133 # tor
que to put back on use anti-seize grease...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.