Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Bosch is a good company and pretty easy on the pocket. I've used wagner on my trucks. And Duralast MaX on my 1973 charger - they're ceramic and very quiet. I get a brake pad changes on my extended warranty so I haven't really though as to what i'd put on my dart. I was very happy with the duralast's they have quite a few options for them too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bosch is a good company and pretty easy on the pocket. I've used wagner on my trucks. And Duralast MaX on my 1973 charger - they're ceramic and very quiet. I get a brake pad changes on my extended warranty so I haven't really though as to what i'd put on my dart. I was very happy with the duralast's they have quite a few options for them too.
How do you get brake pad changes on your ext warranty? isn't that wear and tear?

·
Registered
407 Posts
It was an option they had, includes wipers, brakes, all oils, all filters. etc. for my 2016

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sweet! Problem Solved!! Youll have to ask them what brand they use when they do it!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet! Problem Solved!! Youll have to ask them what brand they use when they do it!
Yeah. Except that I am super paranoid about taking mine into the dealership. Haven't had a single problem with it yet. It's due for it's 24 months maintenece scheduled services soon. Its running fine without problems except for the occasionaly uconnect reboot in winter and the frozen gas door problem in winter. I have been doing all my own tire rotations and oil changes so far. I know exactly what oil and filters i have been putting into it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Go to the service desk and tell them you just want brake pads done. They'll do they 10 pt inspection but if you only say pads, that's all they can do.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just changed my rear left caliper due to a faulty parking brake return spring, and turns out my pads are Bosch brand. Only get a little noise out of them after doing a delivery shift where I'm hard on the brakes and coming to a slow stop, and stopping power is wonderful. I dunno what the pricepoint was when the pads were changed last, but they're still at about 9/32s in the rear and have a little more in the front and no signs of deterioration or heat-spotting. I'm pleased with them!

NOTE: The pads and rear rotors were changed the day before I received the car Sept. 31st, 2015, I've driven 20,000km (12,400mi) since pick up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.