Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth getting these on a bone stock aero? Be fun to mod one day but dunno if worth the money now.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Is it worth getting these on a bone stock aero? Be fun to mod one day but dunno if worth the money now.
I would say hell yeah for the boost pressure gauge! I run an AEM boost gauge on my aero and I love it... As for the oil pressure, i dont think that this car can have enough done to it to necessitate an oil pressure gauge. Now what I would recommend is an AFR/Wideband gauge!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say hell yeah for the boost pressure gauge! I run an AEM boost gauge on my aero and I love it... As for the oil pressure, i dont think that this car can have enough done to it to necessitate an oil pressure gauge. Now what I would recommend is an AFR/Wideband gauge!
Do you have pictures of yours?

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Do you have pictures of yours?
I do! Here is the link: http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/members/9546-albums1057.html

Now you have to remember a few things, I have a custom pod that was 3D printed for me... The AEM gauges are a bit more expensive, and the only CORRECT & ACCURATE way to install a boost gauge on this car is to buy a throttle body spacer with a threaded port in it... Cravenspeed makes the one i bought, it is a bit pricey but it beats the hell out of tapping one of the stock hoses and risk getting oil in your vacuum lines and potentially ruining your gauge. The AEM gauges come with NO vacuum lines as it uses a 3BAR sensor that is 100% electric. This is what makes it a bit more expensive and many tuners and shops claim these gauges are the most accurate around... dont quote me cause i dont have any proof other than seeing them in a LOT of drag and race cars and having shop owners tell me they are the way to go!

Here is a picture of the sensor (its hard to see but its the copper colored piece with the wires coming out of it):

·
Registered
144 Posts
Going to have to add the throttle body spacer to my list of things to get
Where would you tap into for power for the light on the gauge?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts