Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
May 12, 2015

Busy day for me today. Had the day off and it was a nice day, so I finally got around to painting my calipers as well as doing some work to my wheels. I hope you guys like the setup as much as I do. I think it turned out great, exactly what I was wanting

First off...the calipers

Painting
Caliper Paint.jpg

Front Caliper Done w/ MOPAR Decal
Front Caliper.jpg

Next step was plasti dipping the wheels...

Comparison photo
Wheel Comparison.jpg

Wheels all plasti dipped
Plasti Dip Wheels.jpg

But I couldn't stop there...next step was some vinyl

Center Caps
Center Caps.jpg

Vinyl applied to the wheels and some blue lug bolt covers...
New Wheels.jpg

Finished product...
Done-Prestripe.jpg

Sorry the car is a little dirty, but it's going to rain tomorrow of course, so I'll probably wait til next week to give the Demon a nice bath and wax.

Reactions: Anch

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Those calipers look familiar,lol. Good job man. Get some tire coating on.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Those calipers look familiar,lol. Good job man. Get some tire coating on.
That will come with the wash n' wax next week. Lol I was thinking the same thing as soon as I looked at the wheels after the dip...was like...damn these tires need some love. lol

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Is that a new cover on the header?
No just some high heat paint with a freestyle design. The shiny exhaust shield was hurting my eyes when I looked under the hood.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is FREAKING SICK!!!

How did you work the vinyl? I would really like to do something similar.

·
Super Moderator
4,805 Posts
Yes I have LED Reverse...the light shines through, but make the back-up cam almost impossible to use at night, except for the light the brake lights put out (when your foot is on the brake) I'm thinking of adding some led light strips back there somewhere to help with the light output...or I could just do like I've done in my previous cars and just turn around and use my mirrors instead of the camera. lol
I know it would take away from the look, but I think you should just cut the openings for the reverse lights. Last thing you want is to get side swiped while reversing because someone didn't really see the lights! Even if it does shine through (i don't really know what it looks like) but the reverse lights aren't for you to see. They are for others to see YOU. Just think of all the other cars without reverse cameras since the beginning of cars. While they might help a little, it's mainly for others to know when you are backing up. I plan on doing that pretty soon too :) I have gloss black vinyl and hope it comes out as nice as yours! I'll probably get rid of the dodge lettering entirely.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Just cleaned up the Demon a bit. Also did the wheels and tires so @viperman96 didn't kill me. lol

Need to throw my MOPAR badge back on the front though...keep forgetting to do that, lol.

PART_1432825719746_20150523_105140.jpg

PART_1432825674171_20150524_135112.jpg

Reactions: viperman96

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have to say I was never a fan of the dart in this colour but yours have definitely changed my opinion. I personally love darts that are tastefully modded.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I have to say I was never a fan of the dart in this colour but yours have definitely changed my opinion. I personally love darts that are tastefully modded.
Thanks

At first I wasn't sold on the color cause I would rather have got the Header Orange, but the only one I could find at the time was an SE with 2.0L...nothing special. But for $1k more I got this one, which was SXT Rallye, w/ touchscreen and about 5000 less miles...

So the color has grown on me, especially when I'm one of the few with this color that have gotten into the modding game with it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
June 7 & 8th, 2015

Added Demon Inspired Stripes and Matte Black Vinyl to the Roof...Hood coming soon

PART_1433810441994_20150608_193641.jpg
PART_1433810448790_20150608_193809.jpg

And these just showed up in the mail. Gonna be installing them soon also.

PART_1433823962942_20150608_232509.jpg
PART_1433823967468_20150608_232518.jpg

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Those stripes came out great! Better than I expected based on the PS versions.
Thanks. I think they turned out pretty good too. Made some last minute design changes and placement, so it's closer to what the 72 Dart Demon had.

Reactions: dlo253

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yes I have LED Reverse...the light shines through, but make the back-up cam almost impossible to use at night, except for the light the brake lights put out (when your foot is on the brake) I'm thinking of adding some led light strips back there somewhere to help with the light output...or I could just do like I've done in my previous cars and just turn around and use my mirrors instead of the camera. lol
LED reverse lights? I've been interested in this but I heard you get a bulb out message or some other error when you switch to LED's for the reverse lights, could be wrong tho:p What bulbs/kit are you using and any issues with that? Great looking car btw!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
LED reverse lights? I've been interested in this but I heard you get a bulb out message or some other error when you switch to LED's for the reverse lights, could be wrong tho:p What bulbs/kit are you using and any issues with that? Great looking car btw!!
You just need a pair of resistors. That will keep you from getting the error. Almost every light outside of the vehicle when switched to LED will give you a bulb out error. You just need resistors.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts