Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new here wants to know if my 2013 dart 1.4 turbo six speed is compatible with Fiat Abarth

·
Super Moderator
3,481 Posts
The engine and trans should be able to swap but the electronics won't.

·
Super Moderator
3,481 Posts
You would not be able to use a Dart PCM in a Fiat Abarth or a Fiat Abarth PCM in a Dart. Same goes for a TCM. If you are looking at a short block minus the head, you will need to deal with aligning the MultiAir which requires a special (expensive) tool.

·
Super Moderator
3,481 Posts
Try to find a complete long block with the head. You might want to replace the timing belt and water pump before installing the engine. (The timing belt requires some special tools).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help. I’ll post what I Find before I pull the trigger So I don’t waste my money and buy something not Compatible.

Have to get this car out of my garage in 2 months or less

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any news? I'm looking to swap my engine with one from a fiat 500, they are both 1.4l turbo with the same 8 digit vin identifier (H).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sweet I'll be doing my swap soon! I plan on sourcing my engine for electronics, thought to be honest sensors appear to be the same. I know the trans is different but I'll source everything I need from the existing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey bigdev Do you really plan on a Fiat Abarth swap. Everybody I talk to say they are not compatible but when I look for parts they say they are so super confused. Just really wish I could talk to a Mopar tech About the subject. Other than that I’m thinking crazy maybe k20 swap And before anybody says that electronics won’t work I would get a donor car so the biggest issue would be the fab work But we all know that’s just a dream.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Chris I am actually going to swap with a Fiat 500 (complete engine), just because I found a cheaper engine with low miles, plus I can throw on an upgraded turbo if I want (going to test with the existing turbo before dropping any extra $$$). But I can't see any issues with the swap being that difficult, from what I have seen sensors are the exact same. The difference will be with the pcm, but I don't care because my pcm is good to go. FCA tries to use many of the same parts to save on costs, just look at the freaking window switches on a Quattroporte. But I'll be starting on this in about 2 weeks, I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool I’ll be right behind you going to finish taking out the engine and tranny Tuesday. Still shopping for a good price on a engine though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts