Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some help. I have a 2014 Dodge Dart Rallye Edition. I start driving in the morning and I have A/C blowing. While I've got the car turned on the blower works and I get cold air. Also at times the blower motor will slow down a bit and then speed back up. Once I turn off the car and turn it back on (say after a fill up), no blower. I have replaced the blower motor relay, thinking that might be the issue. But I still have no blower.

·
Registered
398 Posts
It's very possible the motor itself could be overheating and it's shutting off on an internal overload. Just a guess though. If you can locate the nameplate on the motor you could see what it's amperage rating is and use an amp meter to see what it's actually drawing. This would be a step in the direction that would narrow the cause a little.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It's very possible the motor itself could be overheating and it's shutting off on an internal overload. Just a guess though. If you can locate the nameplate on the motor you could see what it's amperage rating is and use an amp meter to see what it's actually drawing. This would be a step in the direction that would narrow the cause a little.
Eh, posting twice and deleted the first because I failed to read your post...

It sounds to me like his fan bearings are shot which no matter what device causes massive inconsistencies with it's operation. One minute it's fine, no noise, full spin. Then the next nothing at all, it's slower then heck, or screams like a vacuum. Then back to normal for no reason.

Introduce some vibrations and amazing smooth roads with no imperfections (sarcasm) and you have a fan thats about as erratic as a tri-polar 20 yr old that just did a line!

The multimeter idea is great also if you know exactly what it's supposed to draw at each setting but I don't think this information is posted here and doubt it's listed on the blower itself...Max maybe and if it exceeds that you got a pretty good idea but if it's on setting 1 and supposed to draw 1 amp for example how are you going to know that? 5 amps on the lowest setting could be normal to you for the first time measuring it without anything for reference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking for some help. I have a 2014 Dodge Dart Rallye Edition. I start driving in the morning and I have A/C blowing. While I've got the car turned on the blower works and I get cold air. Also at times the blower motor will slow down a bit and then speed back up. Once I turn off the car and turn it back on (say after a fill up), no blower. I have replaced the blower motor relay, thinking that might be the issue. But I still have no blower.
Did you ever figure it out? I’m having similar problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was wondering if anyone can help. I’ve had my Dart since 2016; it’s a 2014 model and had 32,000 miles when I got it. The AC worked great until last year. I took it to the shop and they replaced the blower motor, it worked fine for 8 months. Fast forward to last month (July) the AC went out again; my shop said they didn’t have the equipment to test the AC (besides the multimeter) and couldn’t get me in so I took it to the dealership and had diagnostics run; they came back with: replace blower motor, relay & resistor. I went back to my shop and they replaced all 3 parts. Here it is 2 weeks later and it went out again. I don’t know if it helps but I was driving down the road and theAC started making noise like a piece of plastic was being tossed around in the vent. I’m about to just trade it in but I really like the car; does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

·
Administrator
5,853 Posts
Your shop is using cheap aftermarket blower motors. Mopar version should last longer. You can replace it yourself. It's just 3 screws and the connector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your shop is using cheap aftermarket blower motors. Mopar version should last longer. You can replace it yourself. It's just 3 screws and the connector.
Thank you for getting back to me. After reading these threads I realize that now. But I had the car 5 years before it happened the first time and needed replaced. It’s been replaced 3 times in the last year now. What are the odds of 3 separate blower motors all malfunctioning? There has to be an issue that’s not being picked up. Dodge even ran diagnostics for over 3 hours and only came up with the 3 parts. What would make the blower pull too many amps?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts