Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and good evening,

wondering if someone here could help me? I have a 2013 Dart, 2.0, manual heat and cooling controls, Thought initially I had a actuator on the passenger side and one on the drivers side. Got the glove box out after a extended fight.
Don’t see a actuator on the passenger side at all, Took off the panel on the drivers side and of course see the actuator there.
I’m I missing something here, or is there only one on my car? Thanks in advance all.

·
Super Moderator
3,984 Posts
There are 3 actuators, a mode door actuator, a blend door actuator, and a recirculation door actuator all on the driver's side. Follow the wiring harness to each. You may need to remove the CTM (bluetooth) to get to the mode door actuator. There is a screen to remove to get to the recirculation door actuator. The blend door is probably the one you are seeing. Only the auto temp HVAC has an actuator on the passenger side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are 3 actuators, a mode door actuator, a blend door actuator, and a recirculation door actuator all on the driver's side. Follow the wiring harness to each. You may need to remove the CTM (bluetooth) to get to the mode door actuator. There is a screen to remove to get to the recirculation door actuator. The blend door is probably the one you are seeing. Only the auto temp HVAC has an actuator on the passenger side.
Was able to unbolt the blend door actuator on drivers side, however there isn’t enough slack in the wiring harness to see it and unplug it. I dismantled a lot of the dash in hopes of reaching the harness. No such luck.
Is there a procedure for the blend door actuator to be removed? All I saw was the recirculate door, and mode door removal procedure.

·
Super Moderator
3,984 Posts
24 - Heating and Air Conditioning / Controls / ACTUATOR, Blend Door / Description

DESCRIPTION

The blend door actuator (2) used in the Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) heating and A/C system, is a reversible, 12 volt Direct Current (DC) servo motor, that is mechanically connected to the two blend-air doors. There is a blend door actuator located on both sides of the HVAC housing.
dartHVACblendactuator1.jpg

The blend door actuator is contained within a black molded plastic housing with an integral wire connector receptacle (1). An output shaft with gears (4) connect it to the blend door linkage and integral mounting tabs (3) allow the actuator to be secured to the HVAC housing. The blend door actuator requires mechanical indexing to the blend door linkage and is electronically calibrated by the A/C heater control.

The A/C heater control must be recalibrated each time an actuator motor is replaced (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/HVAC - Standard

24 - Heating and Air Conditioning / Controls / ACTUATOR, Blend Door / Removal

REMOVAL

WARNING:
Disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions may result in accidental airbag deployment and possible serious or fatal injury.

LEFT SIDE

1.Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.

2.Remove the left side instrument panel silencer (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/PANEL, Silencer - Removal) .

3.Remove the left side center console closeout (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/CONSOLE, Floor/Removal) .

4.Disconnect the electrical connector (3) from the blend door actuator (2).

5.Remove the two screws (4) that secure the blend door actuator to the left side of the HVAC housing (1).

6.Remove the blend door actuator from the HVAC housing.

24 - Heating and Air Conditioning / Controls / ACTUATOR, Blend Door / Installation

INSTALLATION

LEFT SIDE

1.Install the blend door actuator (2) onto the left side of the HVAC housing (1). If necessary, rotate the actuator slightly to align the teeth on the actuator output shaft with those on the blend door cam.

2.Install the two screws (4) that secure the blend door actuator to the air distribution housing. Tighten the screws to 2 N·m (17 in. lbs.).

3.Connect the HVAC wire harness connector (3) to the blend door actuator.

4.Install the left side center console closeout (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/CONSOLE, Floor/Installation) .

5.Install the left side instrument panel silencer (Refer to 23 - Body/Instrument Panel/PANEL, Silencer - Installation) .

6.Reconnect the negative battery cable.

7.Initiate the Actuator Calibration function using a scan tool (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/HVAC - Standard Procedure) .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts