Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the biggest tires I can fit under my Dart I have a 2013 Dart AERO package. The stock tires are 205/55/r16 ( I believe) I am wanting to add some ground clearance, and have a smoother ride. I live basically in the sticks some roads are not paved, and have major dips and random sticks that I always seem to find stuck under the car with I change the oil. LOL I was thinking about 215/60/r16 I would think there is enough space for that size if a tire. Has anyone already experimented with this yet? If so whats the best combination found. Also on a separate note I am getting a rumble (bad wheel bearing noise) coming from what seems to be the rear wheels, I does get better after driving around a bit but its pretty loud when you first get going and on the highway (65-80mph) anyone get this issue before? I am at 58,XXX miles.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I installed the 205 60 16 no rubbing anywhere, and now my frontend doesn't hit the parking lot entrance to get in, believe me its a tall entrance. I still take it at an angle...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Considering that the OE tire is a 205/55R16, you didn't change the profile of it that much. It only raises the size of the tire by .08", which means it only raised your Dart by 0.4". That's only about half an inch.

Keep in mind though that even this very small and seemingly insignificant change, will affect your revolutions per mile. As a result when your speedometer reads 65mph, you are actually doing closer to 67.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.