Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in Canada now with random weather I'm worried about what CAI I should buy. With temperatures dropping way below freezing and summer days that are extremely hot and humid. I want to make sure I don't ruin my CAI or my engine.

I'm wondering if my best safest option is the Mopar CAI. Seems to be the most enclosed and protected plus tested CAI out there for the 2.4. But, I like the idea of a true CAI by injen that goes down to the front bumper as that may get running better but I'm not very knowledgeable on the matter. Anyone have any suggestions? Injen is a choice based and price and looks as it's very affordable. But, the mopar seems better suited for my needs and well it's tested as I hear more than Injen is. But, that means I spend double the amount of money...

·
Super Moderator
4,809 Posts
Living in Canada now with random weather I'm worried about what CAI I should buy. With temperatures dropping way below freezing and summer days that are extremely hot and humid. I want to make sure I don't ruin my CAI or my engine.

I'm wondering if my best safest option is the Mopar CAI. Seems to be the most enclosed and protected plus tested CAI out there for the 2.4. But, I like the idea of a true CAI by injen that goes down to the front bumper as that may get running better but I'm not very knowledgeable on the matter. Anyone have any suggestions? Injen is a choice based and price and looks as it's very affordable. But, the mopar seems better suited for my needs and well it's tested as I hear more than Injen is. But, that means I spend double the amount of money...
By the sounds of what you want the HPSI intake the the one for you! It's a full sized intake from the throttle body to the filter. Also it uses silicone which is even better than plastic when it comes to heat conductivity and FAR better than aluminum. The filter itself is enclosed! It then attached to the hole where the stock intake box would sit or where the Mopar CAI would sit. So you have the same exact positioning as you would with the mopar one.

As you say "tested" yes it is from Mopar, but other than the good faith word of Mopar there has been zero proof of gains, or anything from that intake. And knowing how things have been going for the dart, and the many false promises and failed teases to performance parts, I have honestly no faith in them. While yes it must have been tested and everything to become carb legal and actually be released, but they could have done so much better on this intake i think. It's not bad, but I think it's a high price for what it is.

Here is the info on HPSI if you're interested! Performance Parts and Silicone Hose - HPSI Motorsports

I live in Ohio so I know some of the weather you guys get. This intake was solid all winter, and I think you will be very happy with it based on what you want in an intake.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I like the HPSI intake, is it that much better than the injen or mopar cai? Also, is it recommended to get the ram as well?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
its a no-brainer!
Especially for the 2.0 and 2.4. The HPSI intake with the ram air tube is a true cold air intake that will draw the coolest air from the factory location in front of the radiator, and the silicone material and the Apollo filter housing will both insulate best from the under hood heat. There's no better option for the 2.0 and 2.4.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Especially for the 2.0 and 2.4. The HPSI intake with the ram air tube is a true cold air intake that will draw the coolest air from the factory location in front of the radiator, and the silicone material and the Apollo filter housing will both insulate best from the under hood heat. There's no better option for the 2.0 and 2.4.
And do you think there is a better option than the HPSI CAI and RAM air tube for the 1.4?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
And do you think there is a better option than the HPSI CAI and RAM air tube for the 1.4?
Functionally, no. What owners of 2015/2016 1.4L Darts need to be aware of is that there is some customization needed for the HPSI CAI because of changes to the 2015/2016 1.4L intake and evap systems. No modification needed on 2013/2014 1.4L Darts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
HPSI CAI w/ Ram.... I love this thing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts