Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just like the posting says, bew cars dont have a cast-iron frame like the other older cars I used to have. So my question is, where should I jack up with a jackstand??? I notice a lot of metal in the front center of the car Directly under the engine area, however it doesn't appear to me as though it's very strong. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
221 Posts
From page 496 of the owner's manual:

EDIT: A little benefit of the doubt.. You mention jackstands.. Anyone know if the specified jack points are wide enough to jack up and add a jackstand? On my Infiniti, it's not quite wide enough to do easily, but it's possible.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not sure I understand... isn't a jack point a jack point? What difference does the type of jack make?

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure I understand... isn't a jack point a jack point? What difference does the type of jack make?
That's true...but really I was looking for a way to jack it up from the front so the front wheels would lift at the same time. Using the jack point only lifts either the right or left side...

·
Registered
635 Posts
from FSM:

CAUTION: Do not position hoisting device on any suspension component, including the front or rear suspension crossmembers. Do not hoist on the front and rear bumpers, the lower radiator crossmember, or the front engine mount.

Do not attempt to raise one entire side of the vehicle by placing a floor jack midway between the front and rear wheels. This practice may result in permanent damage to the body.

When properly positioned, a floor jack can be used to lift the vehicle and support the raised vehicle with jack stands.

A floor jack or any lifting device must never be used on any part of the underbody other than the described areas.

There are SAE approved triangles in the body indicating where the lifting points are for the vehicle. The arrows are shown in the top figure as callout 1.

use position 1 for all types of lifting.
position 2 is for drive on hoist.

·
Super Moderator
5,156 Posts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts