Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've changed the blower, the resistor, and even the fuse in the driver dash on my 2013 sxt 2.0 and still have intermittent issues with my blower not working at all. Today while it wasn't working I tried hooking my jumpstarter up to it even though my car was starting fine and sure enough it started working. My battery is new as well as the negative cable for it and Ive been told my alternator is good yet I've also had problems with my car randomly not starting until I jumpstart it. I'm considering swapping my aftermarket headlights with the OEM ones to see if thatll fix the issue but I'm not sure

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
Did you buy an aftermarket blower motor or did you get it from Mopar? Aftermarket ones have not been reliable.
Do you have a multimeter to check battery voltage? You might have a parasitic draw.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you buy an aftermarket blower motor or did you get it from Mopar? Aftermarket ones have not been reliable.
Do you have a multimeter to check battery voltage? You might have a parasitic draw.
The blower is aftermarket, Four Seasons brand. I just did a multimeter test after letting it sit for a few hours and it reads 0.068 Amps but then drops down to 0.010 Amps after a while. I hooked the cable to the battery and unhooked it again and it read around 0.068 again and then dropped after about 15 minutes. I can pull out the F02 fuse for the battery feed to BCM and itll drop to 0.010 but will eventually drop that low regardless.

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
The aftermarket blower motor is likely failing.
Use your multimeter to check the voltage at the alternator stud and then at the battery while it's running. It should be around 13.5 volts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts